ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

Textmaker (Softmaker/Ashampoo Office) 2008

<< < (2/15) > >>

Darwin:
Funny - I actually have SoftMaker Office 2008 installed (academic licencing is a wonderful thing) and had meant to test this out myself. Of course, I've forgotten. I'll try and do so today or tomorrow and post back here with my own "experiences".

tomos:
Funny - I actually have SoftMaker Office 2008 installed (academic licencing is a wonderful thing) and had meant to test this out myself. Of course, I've forgotten. I'll try and do so today or tomorrow and post back here with my own "experiences".
-Darwin (January 14, 2008, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

please do :up:
there's relatively few posts at the Softmaker2008 forums yet so it would be great to know if this just me

Problems:

* huge file size (almost 2MB for one page with the three fonts mentioned above) with "embed only embeddable.." selected
* totally unreadable PDFs with "do not embed.." selected

tomos:
Mike!
check first are you using "revision 482" I'm not and Ashampoo version says I'm uptodate..so awaiting reply from Softmaker, will post again

tomos:
Support/ServicePack/etc =
http://www.softmaker.com/english/servofw8_en.htm
for Version 482

tomos:
well now much better :)
File with fonts embedded comes to 167KB

File without fonts embedded is readable except for the following

# it can handle é but not ´
# it cant handle ' a single apostrophe like would normally be used in Tom's or in some surnames e.g. O'Connor
# it cant handle euro symbol €thread is here if anyone has PDF problems!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version