ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Word Processor Roundup

Textmaker (Softmaker/Ashampoo Office) 2008

<< < (6/15) > >>

TucknDar:
Yes, I'm trying it and it seems to be very good Office suite. Still need some time to see whether it's worth buying though. It starts very fast, btw!

tomos:
Yeah,
I should point out I was mainly concerned with "saving a doc in textmaker and opening it in MS Word"
But as said already I havent really tested/pushed it much

TucknDar:
I tried a few simple things with boxes and images placed above each other and some wrapping here and there, and everything seemed fine txtmaker->word

But a full document with extensive formatting would make for a proper test. I think I've got some laying around...

TomColvin:
I'm glad my search of the forum turned up this thread.  I got a notice about the special discount of Ashampoo Office 3 [$29.95] and am now evaluating it.  So far, I like it a lot.  Will likely do a post about it on my writer's blog.

I'm also investigating word processors that run off a USB stick, as does this software.  I've identified about 10 of them so far.  As I travel a lot, the USB stick may be a useful option for me.  Especially since the US court decision that allows US customs to examine and seize anyone's computer for no announced reason whatsoever!

Darwin:
Especially since the US court decision that allows US customs to examine and seize anyone's computer for no announced reason whatsoever!
-TomColvin (May 09, 2008, 04:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Er... wouldn't that mandate likely extend to media as well?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version