ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

IMAP Email hosting

(1/3) > >>

Josh:
I know this topic exists already on this forum but I wanted a new topic for a new series of this discussion.

I am looking for users of services such as fastmail.fm, runbox, tuffmail and fusemail. I am looking for a good provider to host my IMAP email account and a custom domain, that both myself and my wife can use. It must provide aliases which can be added/deleted as needed as well as catch-all support. It must have a good amount of storage space as I archive almost every email I receive (lots of newsletters to include donationcoder's which is still labeled as spam for some reason (MOUSER?!?!?!?)).

Are there any users of services like the aforementioned? If so, what are your thoughts (including you tinjaw, I know you will vouch for tuffmail :) )

tinjaw:
(including you tinjaw, I know you will vouch for tuffmail :) )
-Josh (January 06, 2008, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

And Dreamhost. Yes, they once were waaaaaaaaaaay oversold, but they are now a rock'n hosting company. I have left several mom & pop hosting services, 1 & 1, GoDaddy, and PEHosting, and moved everything to Dreamhost. (Except email at Tuffmail)

J-Mac:
I use Fastmail, an Enhanced account.  It has the maximum number of aliases and virtual domains.  Costs a bit but I feel fairly comfortable with the developer there.  (I guess as comfortable as it is possible to be nowadays!)  You did mention Fastmail, so maybe you have a problem using them.

Here's a link to Fastmail's Pricing and Plans page.  It shows all of the various features (aliases, etc.) that are available.  I can set up throwaways pretty easily, though there are so many free websites offering throwaways it is just as easy to grab a few free favorites among them.

Jim

J-Mac:
BTW, Fastmail recently increased their Enhanced Plan's storage to 6 GB.  Also, if your wife is to have her own address you would need either two separate accounts, or they did just introduce a Family plan that may be a better fit - I haven't really looked at that though.

Jim

Josh:
I am just curious if anyone has found any good services providing decent IMAP hosting? I am particularly interested in "unlimited" email aliases. I use this feature extensively and it has resulted in only 27 spam messages in 3 years :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version