ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Giveaway of the Day - StarBurnShark 9.5

(1/4) > >>

lanux128:
Today Giveaway is StarBurnShark 9.5 - a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Dual layer DVD-R & DVD+R, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware.

btw, StarBurnShark (commercial version) is available for $495, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

• http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/starburn-9-5/

BigJim:
Thanks for the heads up!

I monitor GAOTD's RSS feed but have become considerably more conservative about installing their offerings especially because of the reinstall problems if needed later. The comments on the site are good hunting ground for alternatives though  :D

This offering (like Evernote a few weeks ago) has unusually high ratings from 'customers'. One commenter said that the application "high-jacked" his CD/DVD drive making unavailable to other programs. I had this happen on one machine (XP Pro SP2) when I installed Pinnicle Studio - thought I'd never get rid of all of the dregs  :mad:  Kinda like AOL and/or stepping in dog poo - yuck!  :wallbash:

Can anyone comment on that? (The high-jack ... not the dog poo.)

Curt:
What do you say: Should I remove my old 'mini' StarBurn (GiveAway from 26 October 2007) before installing this new 'full' Shark version?  :tellme:

tinjaw:
What do you say: Should I remove my old 'mini' StarBurn (GiveAway from 26 October 2007) before installing this new 'full' Shark version?  :tellme:
-Curt (January 06, 2008, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, they have explicitly said that this is an upgrade to that with new features previously only available in the $500 version.

Darwin:
BigJim - I just posted a comment in the GOTD thread about the dog poo, asking if it's default behaviour or if it's only affecting some people... Have to wait and see now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version