Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 20, 2014, 09:00:39 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: SMF Plugin for Ignore Thread?  (Read 8245 times)
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 05, 2008, 04:55:11 PM »

There is already the "Notify" feature to follow a thread. What I would like is a "Ignore" thread so I can filter out threads that I am not interested in. I would prefer they don't show up when I "Show unread posts since last visit" after I have marked them as "Ignore".

Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 05:05:29 PM »

I second this motion!

Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »

Me three!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 05:12:08 PM »

SMF mods:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

If you find one you like (to do ignore threads or anything else), post a request to have us install it.
Better yet, send a message directly to wordzilla.
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 05:13:27 PM »

Thanks, Jesse. Checking it out now.

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 05:16:41 PM »

Brown Noser! Suck Up!

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »

This fits into a similar request, but can we install this one? Ignore User

Strength in Knowledge
tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 05:24:12 PM »

Brown Noser! Suck Up!

I take that back. Your nose seems to be transparent and the background was brown.  embarassed Nevermind.

Darwin
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 05:30:28 PM »

Brown Noser! Suck Up!

I take that back. Your nose seems to be transparent and the background was brown.  embarassed Nevermind.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Actually, I hadn't meant to post that message as I was reading through the 33 pages of available mods and was going to post with some suggestions. Don't know how that happened anyway, here goes:

I agree with Josh - the Ignore User mod might be worth considering (though I'm a bit uneasy about it). I'd also like to ask others to see what they think of:

Google Tagged - this one looks a bit scary, somehow
Tag Menu
Tagging System for Topics
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:32:52 PM by Darwin » Logged

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 07:18:25 PM »

You all just want to get rid of me Sad

- carpe noctem
tinjaw
Supporting Member

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »

You all just want to get rid of me Sad

Yes. It's a Intif0dder.

Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »

Poor Wordzilla, I can't imagine how many work he'd had to do with so many SMF things to implement ohmy
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »

It's either him or me, or we find another smf coder who falls in love with DC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.039s | Server load: 0.07 ]