ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wanted: Electronic/Searchable Holy Books

<< < (3/12) > >>

tinjaw:
e-Sword looks very similar to SwordSearcher  :huh: Are they related?

e-Sword

SwordSearcher

A little pious pirating?

Darwin:
A little pious pirating?
--- End quote ---

yksyks:
Here's a program Theophilos, which I'm using regularly. It's freeware, but you have to pay for some special features and texts, which I never needed. For free you get:

* Full version of Theophilos Bible Software. No registration fees, no expiration reminder screens. This is not a so called "Demo" or "Light" version either.

* Full text of King James (Authorized) version of the English Bible (including Old and New testaments) with Christ's words in red

* Complete Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the whole Bible

* Complete Easton's Bible Dictionary

* Preview of multimedia Bible narration with pictures and sound

* Greatest Bible Passages jumplist
... and much more. This all in many languages (both GUI and the Bible texts). Especially useful is a synchronized scrolling of different versions for comparison, and of course searching.

techidave:
I am not entirely 100% certain but I always figured E-sword was from the open source Bible project called Sword.  http://www.crosswire.org/sword/software/biblecs/.  They appear to be very similar to me.

Darwin:
Drat! Now I'm spoiled for choice  :o

The Sword Project is interesting - the number of plugins are impressive. I'm going to have to set up a Favourites folder for all of these suggestions. I'm also going to have to Google for equivalent software to deal with other religious texts like the Koran. Thanks for the link, Grorgy - just noticed it as I was about to hit "post"  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version