ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wanted: Electronic/Searchable Holy Books

<< < (2/12) > >>

Deozaan:
Darwin, you can also download these resources provided by the LDS church for handheld devices. And I just found out they even provide downloadable MP3s of the scriptures as well as other LDS publications. Some in other languages too. All for free.

Darwin:
Interesting, thanks Deozaan. I don't own a handheld device but nice to know!

techidave:
Personally I use E-Sword and have for the last 5 years or so.  Before that I used the Online Bible but I like E-sword better.  It is free and you can get it at http://www.e-sword.net/

It is highly customizable and you can download only the Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries that you want.  It is also available in other languages and they have a version for the Pocket PC all for free!

Hope this helps,

Dave

P.S.  I just love this site for all the helpful software and tips you guys offer.  I wish there was more stuff tailored to the K-12 education sector.

Grorgy:
Just went on a bit of a search, this site seems to have lots of stuff that could be useful,

http://www.sacred-texts.com/about.htm

And from their site a quote:

This site is a freely available archive of electronic texts about religion, mythology, legends and folklore, and occult and esoteric topics. Texts are presented in English translation and, where possible, in the original language.

This site has no particular agenda other than promoting religious tolerance and scholarship. Views expressed here are not necessarily endorsed by the hosting organization (sacred-texts.com), our ISP or any sponsoring individuals or organizations.
--- End quote ---

tinjaw:
P.S.  I just love this site for all the helpful software and tips you guys offer.  I wish there was more stuff tailored to the K-12 education sector.
-techidave (January 05, 2008, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Welcome to the site techidave! Nice "first post". And I think you have a very good idea there. You should start your own thread. Go ahead. It's easy. We'll wait here. If we are not here when you get back will be in that "other" thread.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version