Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 30, 2014, 04:52:00 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Rewards give me points.  (Read 7092 times)
hoogy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:20:16 PM »

Hey I quite like this program and its idea. Hopefully it will get me doing the stuff that will actually be good for me. I have a small problem though. When I reward myself instead of deducting points it gives me points. Have I done something wrong? It is listed under "Puchase Rewards" as well.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 11:56:43 PM »

Are you using the college item file posted about here: http://www.donationcoder....m/index.php?topic=11671.0

There is a bug in the file i think which has some plus points for a reward, instead of a cost, which is confusing the program.
If its not that file that you are using but something you created yourself then it means there is a bug in the item editor which is allowing that to happen and i will try to fix.
prototype_angel
Supporting Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:01:59 AM »

@mouser, if there can be some kind of wiki functionality to add/change the itemxml for different category, that would be nice.

I can try making a php frontend for that in the weekend. Shouldn't be too hard.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 01:03:18 AM »

there is a full item editor now inside Point Motivator, no need for manually editing the xml file smiley
hoogy
Participant

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 01:04:30 AM »

I was using my own and was checking the college one as well. I found out what my problem was that I didn't put a negative sign in front of the amount. I assumed that when you put the radio button on the reward that it would subtract it. Now I know it is working good. Cheers for this excellent program.
Toptiger5
Participant

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

Yes, you need to put - signs in the point amount if you want it to subtract points. Then you can make activities that lose you points, like forgetting gym kit/lunch, or not handing in homework.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.16 ]