ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What do you think about "What I like to do" medallions

<< < (2/6) > >>

mouser:
I've been trying to get Wordzilla to code this, I really want it.
If he refuses I will have to code it myself eventually.
Or maybe another smf coder will come to the rescue -- there is already some very close mods for smf forums out there, they just need a bit of tweaking.

CodeTRUCKER:
I would agree and it is something I had also considered; in that, my purpose was not to burden any one person.  Leveraging anything already there is certainly the best path.

CWuestefeld:
This might be worth discussing, but I think you have to look at this through a DonationCoder lens. The site's raison d'etre is technology and computer software specifically, so an indication of your love of music is only appropriate insofar as it relates to computer software. So I wouldn't want to see this devolve into an "Metallica kicks butt!" badge (or in my case, "anarcho-capitalism rules!"  8)) marker.

But for me, since I've helped develop music composition software, the music thing might be appropriate. Or because I'm currently working with b2b ecommerce software, I might want to indicate to other users that this is an area of interest to me.

CodeTRUCKER:
I think it would also be in "focus" for people that use music composition software, like Finale or Sibelius.

[Edit - I have changed my post below to reflect that the idea is centered around coding and technology.][/b]

Darwin:
I like the idea - as CodeTrucker noted, I already know more about him, ampa, and Chris (cwesterfield).

maybe a bit afraid that once "defined", people might start thinking about me as - oh, Tom, he's xyz

--- End quote ---

And I had you pegged as an abc type... who knew?!  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version