ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Prompt Uninstaller; yet another rip-off

<< < (5/5)

Curt:
I have reported the problem to FWT.-Curt (January 21, 2008, 05:47 PM)
--- End quote ---
Did you hear back from FWT?-PhilB66 (January 23, 2008, 06:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is the third or fourth time I have emailed FWT about irregularities and I have always received a proper response. This time Jørgen thanked me and said that he would look into this, and I expect he will because he has done so the other times, but I do not expect to be informed about the final outcome.

PhilB66:
Well it's a shame it was listed in the first place.  :down:  >:(

Cyber Bandwidth Monitor is another rip-off. FreeMeter Bandwidth Monitor For Windows looks like the original project.

nosh:
I swapped Safarp for MyUninstaller around a year back because of the additional features it provides.

Tried Prompt Uninstaller, right out of the box it tries to connect to app-zilla.com/...

Denied the connection, Googled app-zilla.com & got this (it links to a feed so a pic is more descriptive.)

It's nothing concrete, still, a case for outbound monitoring perhaps?  :huh:

PS: Holy Cow! Was just looking through the DC smileys for the Yahoochat question mark dude and saw these!  Reserved for special occasions only I'm guessing ;D

Curt:
Well it's a shame it was listed in the first place.  Cyber Bandwidth Monitor is another rip-off. FreeMeter Bandwidth Monitor For Windows looks like the original project.-PhilB66 (January 23, 2008, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

You cannot expect this kind of sites to investigate every program before linking, it would take far too much time - they are offering several thousand links. I think it is fair for FWT to supply a link and ask their users to report if there are any kind of problems.

Cyber Bandwith Monitor is just another SpeedApps progam, and all their programs are rip-offs.

Prompt Uninstaller; yet another rip-off

I use NetMeter from http://www.metal-machine.de/readerror/  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version