ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

<< < (12/15) > >>

brotherS:
Well with out reading the posts (well skimming thru it..) but reading the title... yes I think it's quite possible to live with out AutoHotKey, I'm sure the people who have never heard of it or ever used it live.. therefore making living possible..

;D
-mitzevo (December 05, 2006, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I can't second that: to me, really living is also a way of life, more than just avoiding the death of all of your body cells. But that would be a completely different discussion... ;-)

Deozaan:
I've decided that I would like to start using AutoHotKey for tasks at work but the internet restrictions block the AHK website (because it's a forum--Good thing they don't know about DC yet!). I managed to find a version of AHK (104407) at Download.com, but the included .chm help file gives me the IE "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." for every article, so I can't learn how to use its syntax here.

Bummer!

brotherS:
I've decided that I would like to start using AutoHotKey for tasks at work but the internet restrictions block the AHK website (because it's a forum--Good thing they don't know about DC yet!). I managed to find a version of AHK (104407) at Download.com, but the included .chm help file gives me the IE "Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable." for every article, so I can't learn how to use its syntax here.
-Deozaan (December 05, 2006, 02:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
You can download it at home and install it on an USB drive or burn the installation onto a CD.

mitzevo:
I'm guessing Deozaan know's that.. but is not able to do that.. probably cuz his work restricts such compromising activity?  ;)

btw, Deozaan what are you talking about? 1 - you got the download and you want to view the ahk help file but can't. 2 - you haven't got the download cuz of some .chm thing. 3 - yeah what are u talking bout?  :huh:

Deozaan:
I'm guessing Deozaan knows that.. but is not able to do that.. probably cuz his work restricts such compromising activity?  ;)

btw, Deozaan what are you talking about? 1 - you got the download and you want to view the ahk help file but can't. 2 - you haven't got the download cuz of some .chm thing. 3 - yeah what are u talking bout?  :huh:
-mitzevo (December 05, 2006, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I did know that but I just decided I wanted to give it a try while I was at work and didn't want to wait until I got home to start learning how to do it. My work restricts the autohotkey.com website because it's a forum, but I managed to download a version of it from Download.com (for some reason I'm not able to save files to the hard drive but I can Open/Run them straight from the website (download into temp dir, then run, then the file deletes itself)) but the help file that came with it (a .chm file) shows the index/contents on the left but the main content is just IE "can't access page" errors.

I'm home now so I guess I'll just visit the site and download everything I need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version