ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

<< < (11/15) > >>

brotherS:
should I forgot one that I didn't use in weeks I just hit my shortcut that brings up the AHK script where I can search for it :) Would I use some Treepad-clone I wouldn't be able to access that info so quickly.
-brotherS (June 05, 2006, 09:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
I should have thought of using a hotkey to bring it up  :)  presumably in whatever editor you're using.
-rjbull (June 05, 2006, 10:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes - since it's AHK we are talking about you are totally free to decide. ;)

Type Pilot from Two Pilots stores its abbreviations in a tree structure, which should work well for large numbers of phrases.  But you seem indissolubly wedded to AHK  :)  After all, it does a lot of other things, too.

--- End quote ---
Hehe, true :D

Jon Knowles' ABCZ rule for making abbreviations - found by following one of Harrie's text expander posts - is a very useful way of systematising abbreviations/shorthands for normal text, but needs modifying for things like paths and whatnot.  You system looks sensible, as long as one sticks to it  ;)

--- End quote ---
Nice page! It's never bad to get some new ideas :)

tinjaw:
And since AutoHotkey is working perfectly on an USB stick too, I now can still enjoy all those benefits while using another PC - great! Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

I'd love to hear about other uses too!

-brotherS (October 10, 2005, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't know that! Excellent. I can't install software on my work computer so running off a USB stick is my only option.

thanx,
tinjaw

brotherS:
I recently visited some guy and by connecting my USB stick to his notebook, I showed him the power of AutoHotkey (and other stuff, including this site, which I of course opened with an AHK string :D).

He was quite surprised what's possible since he never heard of AHK before. I bet many more users would use it if they knew how it could alleviate their pain...

brotherS:
In the last few days AutoHotkey helped me to avoid manually pressing several keys about 9200 times and going insane in the process.
 :-* :-* :-*

If you want another IRC channel to idle in and have a nice discussion every now and then, /join #autohotkey @ irc.freenode.net - there are only a few users in there until now, but as we all now, quality beats quantity. ;)

mitzevo:
Well with out reading the posts (well skimming thru it..) but reading the title... yes I think it's quite possible to live with out AutoHotKey, I'm sure the people who have never heard of it or ever used it live.. therefore making living possible..

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version