ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Living without AutoHotkey - possible?

<< < (7/15) > >>

Cpilot:
if there's one thing we should all know by now it's that different people have different needs, and different styles demand different tools as well.

it's always good to hear about new tools, so keep em coming!

( just don't let brotherS hear you say anything bad about autohotkey or he'll go off like a firecracker   )
--- End quote ---

Thanks mouser,
I have no desire to evangelize or convert anyone. If someone is happy with their tools (despite their limitations  ;), and they all have those in one degree or another), then by all means stay with what you know.

But for those ready to use something with a little more......there are other tools available.

vamp07:
I learned hotkey by taking a pretty fancy pocomail script I had and converting it to AutoHotKey. It basically takes text logs received in email and parses them, looks up stuff in other text file tables, modifies those tables and finally sends out a condensed email report. I now also use it to replace some QuickKey scripts I had for entering data into quickbooks from some excel spreadsheets. I also use it for some simple keyboard remapping such as uing esc to close programs with some exceptions and using the tilda key to move me back if I am in the browser.

Steve

Edvard:
Weird. Mouser puts up a new programming board, I get inspired and head off to http://www.thefreecountry.com/ because I remembered they had a bunch of programming tools listed. Stumbled on FBSL and downloaded it, LO AND BEHOLD... The next day Gerome (FBSL author) is posting on DC... weird.
I am interested in FBSL because I do have experience with Basic and the other free basics seemed to be a little too, well... inaccessible. FBSL seems to fit the bill nicely so far, because I use Autohotkey and love it for what it does, which is a lot, and will continue to use it for the many things it does for me. But sometimes I am itching for just a little more power and scripting languages seem to be a sweet spot for me. Thus FBSL. I'll keep you posted...

Gerome:
Yo Ed!

I like your frank discuss :)
We can have a chat onto DC's IRC chat if you want, i can show you the deepest things that FBSL holds!

mouser:
i think it would be useful to start a fbsl thread in the Programmers Corner section to continue the fbsl discussion :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version