ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Wireless network detector & IP settings changer

(1/3) > >>

aka_bigred:
I have always wanted a little app that would automatically detect the wireless network you are connected to and change the IP settings accordingly. 

For example, when I'm at work, the SSID=WORK, and I need the wireless card set for DHCP.
When I'm at home, SSID=Home, change it to pre-defined static IP & DNS servers.

I had looked around some time ago, and there's a way to change the IPCONFIG settings via batch/command line, but my problem is detecting the connected SSID.  It shouldn't be too hard, just an array of SSID's and the associated IPCONFIG settings for each SSID.  When the SSID changes, check the profile listing for that SSID and implement those associated settings.

jgpaiva:
I think you're looking for netsetman :)

aka_bigred:
Yeah, something along those lines, but want it to AUTOMATICALLY activate a profile when a specific wireless SSID is detected.  That app looks like you have to manually activate the profile.  Detecting the SSID tells what network I'm on so it should be able to activate a profile without my intervention.

I don't need all the extra bells & whistles that has, just basic IP settings per detected SSID.

jgpaiva:
Oh, i thought that netsetman was able to do that :(

But i just made a quick search and found this on the ahk forum! :D

So, do you want me to make a script that will check the ssids, and when it changes to one on a predifined list, run the associated batch file?

aka_bigred:
I saw that post, but looks like it's an on-demand script.  If it ran continuously and kicked off a batch script like you suggest, that'd be sweet!

Oh, i thought that netsetman was able to do that :(

But i just made a quick search and found this on the ahk forum! :D

So, do you want me to make a script that will check the ssids, and when it changes to one on a predifined list, run the associated batch file?
-jgpaiva (January 04, 2008, 02:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version