ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Still having problems ... ignoring rules with full shutdown/reload of PT

(1/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Still having problems with the config screen not updating the currently processed rules.

If I load a program and PT reduces its priority when I open the config window - select Rule>Ignore and hit OK shouldn't the process be restored to its Normal level.

Even worse - if I disable PT from the tray icon the process is retored to normal level, but as soon as PT is re-enabled it is reduced again - ignoring the rule that was set up.

Is it just me with this prob?

mouser:
i have a guess at what might be happening.. i'm going to make a test version of PT if you don't mind helping me test.

Carol Haynes:
I can change the habit of a life time and be helpful :P

mouser:
first question, to recap:
when you launch the configuration screen from within Process Tamer tray tool,
it launches and then quickly says that the tray tool is NOT RUNNING in the configuration dialog, is that right?

Once that happens it means the tray will never know that the configuration tool has changed any settings and so any changes will be ignored.

it's also the easiest thing for me to try to discover the cause of because i can have the config tool print out a list of what apps it does see running, and we can take it from there.

Carol Haynes:
No it says it is running

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version