ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What is appropriate content for DonationCoder?

<< < (37/43) > >>

mouser:
Before this thread veers off too much, maybe it's time to wrap it up.. Definitely one of the fastest growing threads on the forum, and lots for us to think about, but we might all be getting a bit redundant at this point?  Let's all just try to direct all of our energy into hounding Wordzilla to write the tag mod for the forum and see how that goes.  :Thmbsup:

CodeTRUCKER:
Mouser, several posts back, stated he'd like to see this thread examine the tagging issue and outside of our little cocoon here, there really is a real world with real consequences both in the workplace and politically oppressive and potentially fatal consequences for even reading a website.  China allowed Google to come in on the condition that the government be given access to all records and Google's technology.  Carol raised another example of a similar issue, so this is important.  Given this, does not the high road lead us to place some limits on our "rights?"

In order to put, this thread back on track, can everyone please chime in again with a concise synopsis of your views?  No need to expound on why , just a quick blurb on what you recommend.

I lean toward a voluntary pull-down menu that could either be color-coded for white-to-red, or an intellegent list of "NSFW"-type tags. (where and how to be decided later, if this is the chosen format)

EDIT - Mouser beat me to it!  Anyway to take attention off this thread and open the conversation up for "Tagging,"  I've started a New Thread.

CWuestefeld:
I wish to make a point that you are contradicting yourself and you have done so more than this particular example. 
-CodeTRUCKER (January 06, 2008, 01:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I dispute that. Reread what I said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only read this and your constant return to such statements as a belief that
I'm convinced that you really do believe ...
-CWuestefeld (January 05, 2008, 09:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

In one place I specifically ask for clarification, which you declined to do. In the second case I did not attempt to assert my opinion as fact, but explicitly framed it as my own belief, creating an opening for any refutation from you.

Added later: I should soften my refutation. I'm sure that I have been guilty of this at certain points. What I said earlier is, I think, an ideal to strive for.

CodeTRUCKER:
I wish to make a point that you are contradicting yourself and you have done so more than this particular example. 
--- End quote ---

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only read this and your constant return to such statements as a belief that
--- End quote ---

In one place I specifically ask for clarification, which you declined to do. In the second case I did not attempt to assert my opinion as fact, but explicitly framed it as my own belief, creating an opening for any refutation from you.
-CWuestefeld (January 06, 2008, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

-CWuestefeld (January 06, 2008, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
Look, enough is enough.  If you have a beef with me then PM me *IF* you are really interested in a an honest dialog.  Per Mouser's post and mine this thread is closed and I personally wouldn't object to the moderators locking it.

tinjaw:
I request that this thread be locked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version