ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What is appropriate content for DonationCoder?

<< < (20/43) > >>

Curt:
This is a terrifically good idea..  I've been wanting to beef up support for a tag-like system on DC and we could use the same system to allow posts to be tagged as NSFW and then let users opt out of seeing such posts.
--- End quote ---
This discussion may actually end up getting people posting more NSFW material... LMAO! -nosh (January 03, 2008, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not "LMAO", but I truly expect nosh's prediction to be accurate:
If you set up a special NSFW part of DC, we WILL get loads and loads of it.
So DON'T!!

f0dder:
I haven't read all posts but I don't like the tag thingy too but I think a New Board or Child Board that you would need to subscribe to to see it would be better option with a disclaimer about what is in it or something a long those lines.
-a_lunatic (January 04, 2008, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Bad idea, it would fragment the forum.

I also think per-reply tagging can get way out of hand, better to try and stay on topic for threads, and apply the usual moderator tools (splitting, joining, merging) when things go too off-topic.

Lashiec:
Or use the method we used during all this time: the spoiler tag. Which, as I said earlier, has been used in all cases of rude remarks or posts. Unless we're going to consider the most minor expletive as rude...

Curt:
Or use the method we used during all this time: the spoiler tag. -Lashiec (January 04, 2008, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

- but make it easier to understand how to use it. It took me a year!  :-[

Darwin:
Quick comment - I *think* that tagging should adhere to the "keep it simple, stupid" axiom and should be invisible. I envision this working like this:

I make a post and eff and blind my way through it because I'm in a grumpy mood (could happen  :-[). Even from the depths of grumpdom I *know* that the post is off-colour so before I hit "post" I click on a radio button that will invisibliy tag my message as NSFW (or whatever we decide upon - maybe we could have three - "foul language", "inappropriate for minors", "graphic content", whatever) and my post goes up. Anyone who has NOT elected to filter posts using the tags we set up continues to enjoy DC as it's always been. Others who don't want to see foul language have my post filtered out... It relies heavily on each poster monitoring and tagging their own posts. Obviously an issue that will arise is that there will be those who choose not to bother tagging their posts - I think we'll just have to live with that.

Just my two-bits...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version