ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

This has to be the most ridiculous license

(1/3) > >>

imtrobin:
This has to be one of the worse licensing I ever saw. I bought this software, the silver registration, and now I cannot transfer it to the new computer I bought cos my old machine is retired.

http://www.screen-capture.net/screen-capture/SpiderReg.asp

With silver registration you will get:
- Unlimited email support during the first month after the purchase
- No transfer of the program to new computers; - free upgrades are possible but not guaranteed;
no support or help with registration will be provided beyond 1 month after the purchase.

Price: 9.95 $US

With gold registration you will get:
- Unlimited email support during the first 3 years after the purchase;
- 3 year unlimited transfer of the program to new computers (if you buy a new computer you can move 5 Clicks from the old one); - 3 year free upgrades to the newest versions of 5 Clicks.

Price: 19.95 $US

Here I found one alternative freeware which does almost the same, except requiring one extra click. Darn, I will never buy from such company with absurb license.

http://www.bhelpuri.net/Snippy/

Darwin:
That is ludicrous. I suppose the silver lining (no pun intended) is that buying another silver licence to enable installation on your new machine is only another $9.95 so still cheaper than having bought a gold licence to begin with! Yeah, I'm reaching... but I'm trying to cheer you up!

f0dder:
Somebody should gather up an angry mob to lynch those people.

Lashiec:
You can also ignore the license and do the transfer between computers to punish them for such a thing ;)

Or use a better (even free ones) screen capture tool, it seems it's not doing anything that exclusive.

Darwin:
Good point, Lashiec. I didn't investigate any further, but I suspect this is an activation issue or one in which a machine code is generated and the licence matched to it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version