ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Regular Charter Honorary Deluxe Super Plus Ultimate Members

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I think it would be nice to recognize those Charter (donating) members who are regulars here and who are always helping out with stuff.  There are no extra benefits to offer really, but it seems there should be a special label for you guys.

What would be a good membergroup label?  should still say "Charter" in it.
like Charter Member Plus
or something?

AbteriX:
Is this realy needed ?
Could be a lil bit work for you ?
If one not post for an half an year he lost his super plus status ?  :)

And an label is always there: Posts: 2932

momonan:
I agree with Stefan.  Too many membership categories could make the rest of us feel bad.

I like, and think I understand, honorary member: to recognize people whose contributions are considered to be the equivalent of a monetary donation -- or whose contributions to the site (in addition to any monetary contributions) are highly valued.

Charter member is a little problematic, since that name usually refers to people who were in "since the beginning," wrote the "charter," etc.  I think this title should give way to "member" at the end of DCC's first year of operation.  Perhaps there could be some notice to that effect when someone shows up to register in the last month or so.

Other than that, I think member, honorary member, and visitor are sufficient (except for honorable administrator, of course).

Carol Haynes:
You could enable 'Karma' .... maybe not ...

mouser:
charter member will not be given out past year 1.  so thats 4 or 5 more months left for that.

here is why i was thinking we need another member group, which really is no trouble at all to set up.

anyone who donates becomes Charter Member.

those who contribute to helping out on the forum for a while, or freeware authors, or some other reasons, get Honorary Member.

but what about people who are nice enough to donate AND are so helpful on the forum that they would easily be given honorary status?
i was just thinking some recognition should be made to these people who are really the ultimate members, and deserve some recognition i thought.

"Ultimate Member" :) ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version