ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

possible alternative to AutoPatcher

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
There's also the Windows Updates Downloader project...
-f0dder (January 02, 2008, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

yes, but I'm on dial up, and I prefer to have my builds completed (ie patched, firewalled, AV installed) before I go online

it always seemed counter intuitive to do it the otherway round...

Target
-Target (January 02, 2008, 05:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Okay, dialup doesn't give you a NAT'ed router, but as long as you have SP2 slipstreamed on your XP install CD, you have the windows firewall and that's actually good enough.

Target:
as long as you have SP2 slipstreamed on your XP install CD
-f0dder (January 02, 2008, 06:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol - this is one of those things on my to do list (it's very long, and getting rather yellow about the edges...)

actually, what I <i>should</i> do is ghost my system (also on my to do list....)

Target

f0dder:
I stopped ghosting many years ago, especially after I realized how easy it is to slipstream and create unattended installs... and when www.nliteos.com got around and made things even easier, well...  :-*

Sure thing, imaging is a lot faster, but I never really could find the right time to create the image, there was always one more app or tweak, and then the image ended up being a little too messy for my liking. And with the stuff I have installed, the images would be pretty huge. I'm considered going back and playing with imaging now that I have a fileserver on a gigabit LAN and lots of storage, but it would definitely be with Acronis TrueImage and not Ghost.

Target:
I stopped years ago, because I was too lazy (I know I should, but I don't, and then I need it, and I haven't done it...)

likewise, I've never gotten around to playing with ntlite (though it too is on my todo list...)

target

cranioscopical:
I stopped years ago, because I was too lazy (I know I should, but I don't, and then I need it, and I haven't done it...)

likewise, I've never gotten around to playing with ntlite (though it too is on my todo list...)

target
-Target (January 03, 2008, 04:16 PM)
--- End quote ---
New Year's resolutions coming up?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version