ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SysInternals auto-installler & auto-updater!

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
http://www.lerup.com/SISetup/  :Thmbsup:

SISetup

The Sysinternals set of freeware utility programs is a great software package. Once you have started using them it is almost impossible to get along without them.

Whenever I get to a new PC, one of the first things I do is to install e.g. the Process Explorer from Sysinternals. However, installation always requires some manual operations as the programs are delivered in zip-files and without installation programs. Another issue for lazy people like me is that the author Mark Russinovich quite often update the programs with new great functionality and checking for this and doing the manual update can be a bit tedious.

Due to this I created SISetup, a small program that facilitates installation of an arbitrary number of the Sysinternals utilities. Once installed it is also very easy to check for updates of these programs and when available the update will be installed automatically. I also wanted the program to be as simple as possible with no fuzz and to run without any prerequisites i.e. unzipping of the packages should be made by the program itself. The program is quite small, only 108 KB.

If you (like me) are addicted to the Sysinternals utilities you may find use for SISetup.

Installation and usage:

No specific package download is required, you just start the program from the link below. You can choose to either run the program directly or download it for a first virus check or alike. When starting the program for the first time you will get the usual warnings about running an unsigned application.

SISetup will install itself into a folder named Sysinternals in the "Program Files" directory. It will retrieve it's initial default settings from this site, see more ...

--- End quote ---
http://www.lerup.com/SISetup/
 :-*

Grorgy:
Nice find Curt  :Thmbsup:  I have always found it tedious updating them.

blackcat:
thanks curt. really useful

Nighted:
Nice! Nirsoft should do this also.

Josh:
I wish sysinternals would do something like this that is officially supported. This is a fantastic idea!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version