ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

(Feature Request) Arrow keys to move windows inside grid

<< < (5/8) > >>

Armando:
(my winamp uses win+arrows too)
-painz (January 07, 2008, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've remapped WinAmp hotkeys to ctrl+Alt+arrows. Fairly intuitive combination, I find.

ppass:
"no match for grid" pops up everytime the program tries to match that window agains the grid and can't find any match. I can't understand why you'd press right and then left, if it fails on right, it'll fail on left too as they both use the same mechanism..
-jgpaiva (January 07, 2008, 05:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now that you have suppressed the "No match for grid" popup, this discussion is of no avail any more.

I found one small bug with the latest version 1.19.49. I tried it with my simple 2 zone-grid presented above. Right arrow works, but the window remains stuck when the left arrow is pressed when the window has its top 10% hidden. Maybe a small bug in your code...

Regarding step 2 of "cycle grid elements", i know exactly how to do it, but i'll have to wait for some time to implement it since it involves quite a few changes to the way gridmove works.
-jgpaiva (January 07, 2008, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

:D I hope those are not too painful changes for you (anyway, you have made the hardest part already with step1). Looking forward to step2 !

jgpaiva:
I found one small bug with the latest version 1.19.49. I tried it with my simple 2 zone-grid presented above. Right arrow works, but the window remains stuck when the left arrow is pressed when the window has its top 10% hidden. Maybe a small bug in your code...
-ppass (January 07, 2008, 10:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, the problem is a little different. Some windows don't resize to larger sizes than the screen. (windows explorer is a good example.) Thus, When you try to resize them using that second grid element, they don't get the correct size, and don't get identified as being in grid 2 when you press win+left. If you try that with a window that does resize to a size larger than the screen (which is very rare, from what i can see), you'll notice that it does work as expected.

painz:
It's really good but question again - is it possible to somehow skip grids on win-arrrows? I use grid with WindowOnTop area and when window gots to it it just shrink uncontrollably. And #2 is it possible to inject additional pseudo-selector which will autosave and restore position/size we began with? And maybe actually remap win key? Thank you.

jgpaiva:
It's really good but question again - is it possible to somehow skip grids on win-arrrows? I use grid with WindowOnTop area and when window gots to it it just shrink uncontrollably.
-painz (January 08, 2008, 06:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
That wasn't supposed to happen, it should only cicle through grid elements that move the window, not special grid elements like "run", "alwaysontop" and such... Are you sure that's happening with the latest version? (V 1.19.50)

And #2 is it possible to inject additional pseudo-selector which will autosave and restore position/size we began with?
--- End quote ---
Sorry, i don't understand what you mean.

And maybe actually remap win key? Thank you.
--- End quote ---
That already can be done, just change the modifier of "fastmove", as it uses the same one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version