ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > JGPaiva's GridMove and Ahk Tools

(Feature Request) Arrow keys to move windows inside grid

<< < (4/8) > >>

ppass:
For step1, could you correct a couple of glitches:

- When a window is not recognised as inside a grid element, "No Match for Grid" pops up once if right key is pressed and once if left key is pressed. Could you make this only one popup?

- When one grid element is out of bounds of the visible screen, GridMove returns "No Match for Grid", although the window is inside a grid element. This may be because when you check the position of the current window, the value returned might not be the actual position, it could be cut to the limits of the visible screen?

Example: try this simple 2 zone-grid on a single monitor (I use this to cut/hide the top 10% of a window). When the active window is in zone2 with its top 10% hidden, GridMove fails to detect and returns "No Match for Grid"

[Groups]

NumberOfGroups = 2

[1]
  TriggerTop   = [Monitor1Top]
  TriggerLeft  = [Monitor1Left]
  TriggerBottom= [Monitor1Bottom]
  TriggerRight = [Monitor1Left] + [Monitor1Width] 
  GridTop   = [Monitor1Top]
  GridLeft  = [Monitor1Left]
  GridBottom= [Monitor1Bottom]
  GridRight = [Monitor1Left] + [Monitor1Width]
[2]
  TriggerTop   = [Monitor1Top] - 0.1 *([Monitor1Bottom]-[Monitor1Top])
  TriggerLeft  = [Monitor1Left]
  TriggerBottom= [Monitor1Bottom]
  TriggerRight = [Monitor1Left] + [Monitor1Width] 
  GridTop   = [Monitor1Top] - 0.1 *([Monitor1Bottom]-[Monitor1Top])
  GridLeft  = [Monitor1Left]
  GridBottom= [Monitor1Bottom]
  GridRight = [Monitor1Left] + [Monitor1Width]

jgpaiva:
Ok, i fixed the issue you mentioned in this previous post and uploaded the new version. (notice that i didn't update the DCupdater file, so, to download it from dcupdater, press "install update from the web")

- When a window is not recognised as inside a grid element, "No Match for Grid" pops up once if right key is pressed and once if left key is pressed. Could you make this only one popup?
-ppass (January 07, 2008, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
"no match for grid" pops up everytime the program tries to match that window agains the grid and can't find any match. I can't understand why you'd press right and then left, if it fails on right, it'll fail on left too as they both use the same mechanism..

Your idea on how to implement the horizontal/vertical cycle realy simplifies things, and maybe it really is the simplest way to implement it. I'll give it some thought.

Armando:
no, it's not that hard replicate FreeSnap's functions with AHK but since FreeSnap is already available, why not use it as some sort of internal app? e.g. those with FreeSnap already installed will get the extra features. just my 2¢..
-lanux128 (January 06, 2008, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

(This might be a bit off topic, but since the discussion started here... But I can move it if you want.)

Actually, I think that cloning freesnap with AHK would be a good idea : freesnap is pretty inflexible : can't really change the hotkeys, which is annoying since it monopolizes a bunch of keys, some I never use (Windows Key + I, Windows Key + K Windows Key + J, etc. because they’re not convenient for me)

So, inspired by your Winmanagement Script, jpaiva, I "cloned" freesnap  :P. There are  certain missing features : there is no undo (it would be complex for me to do that…  BUt if you can explain me how to do it, I’ll add it) , and no incremental window resizing... I could add that eventually (with the combination of Win  + or - keys). So I could post it here if you want.

Of course, shortcut keys can be changed to one's liking by modifying the script!

painz:
Thanks, it's almost perfect now.
Although, is it possible to suppress 'no match for grid' message and just cycle grids from #1 instead? I dont use very large grid and its perfectly fine to browse possible locations.
Also is it possible to redefine WIN key or should I redefine hotkeys for winAmp instead? (my winamp uses win+arrows too)

jgpaiva:
You're right, when it doesn't find a match, it should just move to the first grid instead.

As for redifining the hotkeys, i'll have it use the same modifier as fastmove.

Ok, new update to incorporate the above changes, and also corrected an error with the connection with DCUpdater.

Regarding step 2 of "cycle grid elements", i know exactly how to do it, but i'll have to wait for some time to implement it since it involves quite a few changes to the way gridmove works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version