ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Best Games You've Never Played

<< < (10/13) > >>

f0dder:
Sadly I never finished Half-Life 1 so I don't know how it ended.
--- End quote ---
Dig out your CD, dust it off, and get to it! The last few levels are pretty strange, but still nice imho.

Star Wars had Luke Skywalker
--- End quote ---
Star was has Darth Vader! :p

And now that I think of it, I never played EP1. When they released it I thought it was just a section of the Half-Life 2 story I already played, but for a cheaper price. Like buying the chapters individually.
--- End quote ---
I hear people claim that EP1 isn't as good as HL2 or EP2, but I still enjoyed playing it, and would recommend you to pick it up - it has some important storyline stuff.

iphigenie:
I finished HL1 but never HL2 - I gave up in one of the driving episodes. HL2 is one of the games I had to give up because they made me seasick, the other one was Descent 3  :(

This year is the year where I catch up on old games I missed years ago, and finish some I never finished, such as Baldur's Gate 2... I might give Descent 3 and Half Life 2 another go, with new hardware I might be able to get the refresh rate to a level where i dont get seasick.

I recently grabbed up Red Faction to give it a whirl - I orginally bought it because it was, after all, what Descent 4 had turned into. I remember playing the demo and having it on my tobuy list for years.

I am trying to build a list of all the games I own, to figure out which ones I want to replay, but it's a pain: sites which offer the option to list your collection are usually incomplete, and I dont want to create a separate catalogue...

f0dder:
The deformable geometry in Red Faction was really cool, but it's a darn shame they imposed such a low limit on the amount of deformations you can do :(

Deozaan:
The deformable geometry in Red Faction was really cool, but it's a darn shame they imposed such a low limit on the amount of deformations you can do :(
-f0dder (February 28, 2008, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Heh heh. I remember playing multiplayer with my friend and he would always blast a long, deep cave for himself to hide in. I'd simply pull out the rail driver and shoot him through the walls. Ah! Good times.

Yeah it was a shame. I only played Red Faction 1 on PS2, so I think it was more a limit of the hardware. I heard Red Faction 3 is in production so maybe they'll improve that limit.

EDIT: Oh, and maybe they'll also undo all the crap they did in Red Faction 2 to ruin the game. Man that game sucked!

wraith808:
I finished HL1 but never HL2 - I gave up in one of the driving episodes. HL2 is one of the games I had to give up because they made me seasick, the other one was Descent 3  :(
-iphigenie (February 28, 2008, 07:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

OMG!  I want more Descent!  I loved that game!  I don't really like flight sims... but that's pretty much what descent is when you think about it...  Now I have to go find a copy of D3 again...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version