ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Best Games You've Never Played

<< < (7/13) > >>

Rover:
What?  No mention of Jane of the Jungle?   :o
-Rover (February 09, 2008, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wasn't it Jill? At least that's what I played :)
-f0dder (February 10, 2008, 06:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
:redface:  Yes it was Jill.  I had Jill in my head when I typed it... my fingers didn't listen.  :-[

iphigenie:
I played that through 2 of the chapters - great story and atmosphere but the gameplay felt clunky to my pc-accustomed ways, and I gave up

wraith808:
Deus Ex  :-*

There were some very good EA games on the C64/Dos/Apple ][ that I wish they would remake like Racing Destruction Set, Mail Order Monsters, Earth Orbit Stations, M.U.L.E., Elite, and Space Hulk

Then there are the franchises that were killed by evil EA: the Bullfrog Games (Dungeon Keeper, Syndicate, Populous, Power Monger)

Those were the days... *sigh*

iphigenie:
Bullfrog  :-*

I once had an interview and a lunch with someone who had worked on all these Bullfrog games - populous, syndicate, dungeon keeper, magic carpet... was a very interesting lunch and I think my enthusiasm for these games might have helped

I chicked out on the job in the end - one of the hardest choices I had to make - changing country and industry at the same time was a tad much

CWuestefeld:
I wish they would remake ... M.U.L.E.
-wraith808 (February 15, 2008, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Same here. I was looking around recently, and saw this site: http://www.worldofmule.net which references an OpenMULE project: http://www.codenautics.com/openmule/.

Unfortunately, it looks like development of the game has stalled (one thing about open source projects that you can frequently count on) and the version that was left doesn't really do anything interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version