ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Best Games You've Never Played

<< < (6/13) > >>

iphigenie:
The list has an action-rpg/ action-adventure bias

Out of the list I played the recent ones: Outcast (great storytelling) - Planescape: Torment (everyone should play this) - Beyond Good and Evil (too much of an action-adventure for me)

I'll agree about System Shock - 2 was also very good but more on the scary side - I dont usually like scary-ish games but this is so well done! One of the few games to make me nearly fall off my chair in a surprise (the other is an old game called Skynet), tells you how immersed I was

Other games I thought were great but not enough people played (totally biased to the ones I played!)
Sacrifice
Magic Carpet 1 & 2

Deozaan:
Other games I thought were great but not enough people played (totally biased to the ones I played!)
Sacrifice
Magic Carpet 1 & 2
-iphigenie (February 09, 2008, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I loved Sacrifice! That was one of the most beautiful games I'd ever seen at the time of its release (2000). Plus it put a new twist on the RTS genre by having you play as an actual unit in the battles.

I intended on playing it through 5 times (one for each god) and my first pick was Charnel (Necromancy), but I couldn't even get past the 2nd or 3rd level following Charnel. After that I started a new one following James (Earth), and I got to the final battle but couldn't beat it. I never played any of the other story lines. Hmm...

* Deozaan installs Sacrifice.
I dont usually like scary-ish games but this is so well done! One of the few games to make me nearly fall off my chair in a surprise (the other is an old game called Skynet), tells you how immersed I was
-iphigenie (February 09, 2008, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't ever played any of the survival-horror games like Resident Evil or Silent Hill before, but one in a similar style called Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem was amazing! First of all the story is incredibly intricate, flowing over thousands of years and multiple main characters who are all linked. It's a big puzzle and the fun part of playing the game is letting the story unfold. It's easy to understand, but it takes time to come out. Not only that, but the Sanity Effects are crazy! I cannot describe the horror of when I went to save my game and quickly bypassed all the "Are you sure you want to save" screens by just pressing buttons really fast then it said "Deleting all save files!" with a progress bar taking several seconds to fill up. I was just distraught about the idea of all the hours I'd put into the game and also the hours my brother had, too, all being deleted! Then it says "This can't be happening!" and all my files were there after all.

Or when you're playing the game and suddenly a screen pops up saying something of the effect of "Thanks for playing the demo, buy the full game to continue!" and you're thinking "What the heck? I thought this was the full game! Oh man I'm going to yell at the Gamestop employee who sold me a demo disc in the retail package!!

Also the Rune-Based Magic System is great! You mix an alignment, a verb, and a noun to create a spell.

Anyway, the game is just incredible. I wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. But you'll need a GameCube or Wii to play it.

f0dder:
Sacrifice was nice, but daaaarn it got mind-numbingly difficult >_<

Rover:
What?  No mention of Jane of the Jungle?   :o

f0dder:
What?  No mention of Jane of the Jungle?   :o
-Rover (February 09, 2008, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wasn't it Jill? At least that's what I played :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version