ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

This coming year, I am SOO looking forward to __________ .

(1/11) > >>

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
1.Income Tax
Got a new baby girl (four and a half months old now), so my wife and I are all looking forward to our larger than average check this year.
2.Bonus Check
After having worked 10,000 hours for my employer (Costco Wholesale), I qualify for a bi-annual bonus check.
3.New Website
My wife bought me a few new domain names for Christmas and a years hosting with DreamHost
:) I LOVE my geeky wife!
4.Getting Medicated
As you read in my signature - I was diagnosed by two different Psychologists as having Hypomania/Bipolar and ADD. Due to depression, I stopped seeing them. Since the birth of my daughter, I'm determined to kick this disorder aside and hopefully get with a Psychiatrist to get properly medicated. So I can spend more time with my family, stop forgetting things, perform better at work, get more things done around the house, and nearly the MOST importantly - establish myself as a freelance web developer.

HOW BOUT YOU ALL!

f0dder:
jammo: hope meds will work for you, be sure to give it some time (SUCKS that a lot of psyhofarmaca takes up to several months before the positive effects kick in, while you might have the side effects from day 1 >_<).

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting rid of my debt, hopefully Q1 of 2008... then? Perhaps saving up some money, getting me a nice new box, and enjoying summer.

jammo: hope meds will work for you, be sure to give it some time (SUCKS that a lot of psyhofarmaca takes up to several months before the positive effects kick in, while you might have the side effects from day 1 >_<).-f0dder (December 31, 2007, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the support!

Personally, I'm looking forward to getting rid of my debt, hopefully Q1 of 2008... then? Perhaps saving up some money, getting me a nice new box, and enjoying summer.-f0dder (December 31, 2007, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh yeah, we talked about this a few weeks ago:
5.Pay off Debts - we owe $9,900+/- and plan on paying that off within 12 months, that's why I'm so hung up on getting my bonus and income tax - alone, those two checks could wipe out our debt.

CWuestefeld:
that's why I'm so hung up on getting my bonus and income tax -jammo (December 31, 2007, 03:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I'm trying real hard to stifle a rant, but the way you twice referred to "getting my income tax" as if it's a good thing has me wanting to explode.

You don't get income tax  :eusa_naughty:. You pay it (and pay it some more). Indeed, you're not getting anything. What they'll be sending to you, commonly called an "income tax return" is a reimbursement of excess withholding taxes, based on the current tax regulations.

To be clear: when you get your income tax return, no one is giving you anything. It's money that was already yours, because they took too much out of your pay. You're not getting anything free. Far from it, you've just been nice enough to give your Uncle Sam an interest-free loan in that amount for the past year. Pretty generous of you, wasn't it  ;)

Back on topic:

I'm looking forward to a new PC this year myself. My current one is over 3 years old. 1GB of RAM seemed like a lot back then...

... You don't get income tax  :eusa_naughty:. You pay it (and pay it some more). Indeed, you're not getting anything. What they'll be sending to you, commonly called an "income tax return" ... -CWuestefeld (December 31, 2007, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
YYyeah, THAT!

So long as I'm understood, and I think everyone did - even you CWuestefeld!
However, thanks for the clarification.

And thanks for the reminder!
6. A new PC - mine is just about as old as yours. I saw a member yesterday buy two Gateway PCs at Costco. Each one had 3 gigs of RAM. Including monitor, each PC was priced under $700.
But I'm pretty sure your new upcoming rig and mine won't be near that price-range.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version