ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

post your 5 most used applications in 2007 here!

<< < (11/14) > >>

tranglos:
Of interactive applications, and excluding any special-purpose apps I use for work whose names won't ring any bells:

1. FireFox
2. TextPad
3. TotalCommander (I have a regular love affair with this one!)
4. TheBat!
5. KeyNote

Honorary mentions: locate32, Reget Deluxe, Archivarius (I couldn't see why one would buy a desktop search app with so many available for free, then I realized Archivarius supports TheBat and Forte Agent databases. A lifesaver.)

But then there are non-interactive tools that run constantly in the background and make the whole environment livable. I tend to forget about those until it's reinstall time ev ery few years and I find some things are missing. Here's to those silent, trusty utilities!

1. KatMouse (the functionality used to be present in Logitech drivers, then they removed it)
2. HoeKey (I replaced it with AutoHotkey only recently, but HoeKey served me well for a very long time)
3. FileEx (never want to see the unenhanced File Open dialog again!)
4. Backup4All
5. URLInject (a program I wrote to insert page URL, title and date/time in every html file saved from a browser)

Honorary mentions, I guess: svchost.exe, winlogon.exe, csrss.exe, spoolsv.exe, System Idle Process :)

lanux128:
Honorary mentions, I guess: svchost.exe, winlogon.exe, csrss.exe, spoolsv.exe, System Idle Process
-tranglos (January 04, 2008, 12:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D yes, i wonder how i would manage without those..

tinjaw:

* Firefox/Thunderbird (I consider them two halves of one whole)
* Roboform
* Notepad++
* GridMove
* Irfanview/WinRAR (tie)

tamasd:
Firefox
Pocomail
UltraRecall
TotalCommander
FullRecall

and honorary mention to Marek's KeyNote, I moved from it to UltraRecall in 2007 (due to it's database-like work), but I still have yet to see anything that could beat KeyNote in it's core functionality (at least in what was core f. to me).

Armando:
FullRecall
-tamasd (January 10, 2008, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

looks interesting...

FullRecall is a software that can help you memorize the knowledge for lifelong periods with the minimum time investment. Underlying artificial neural network gradually grasps your forgetting curve to schedule optimal days for the reviews–i.e., days when you will be close to forgetting an information.
--- End quote ---
http://fullrecall.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version