topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mouse gestures program looking for beta testers  (Read 6067 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouse gestures program looking for beta testers
« on: February 24, 2009, 08:04 AM »
JoeJoe, author of freewares such as the excellent ArsClip, Rename Master, OkayKeeBees etc., has made available beta versions of new program MouseWrangler:

JoeJoe's freeware utilities

MouseWrangler, a new program

I've created a new program called MouseWrangler - for mouse gestures. While holding the right mouse button, mouse motions are detected and a series of motions will trigger an action. Currently, a keystroke or a series of keystrokes will be simulated for each gesture.

See the Public Betas page for more information and to download. This program is still in the Beta stage, but it's currently stable and functioning well.

songless

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mouse gestures program looking for beta testers
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 05:55 AM »
I'm trying it and it's stable with only two actions at the moment ( keystroke and multiple keystrokes ). Well, keystroke it's probably the most useful action to control other programs.

Very nice news

Diegoz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Consultor SEO Google. Posicionamiento Buscadores
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 08:06 AM »
I have tested several mouse gesture programs but, unfortunately, none of them abridge the most essential features and stability.

Examples:

- Amazing Brass: Developed in assembler, A great idea but it doesn't support Logitech drivers. Many stability issues as well (at least on my system).

- MaZZick

- StrokeIt

Regarding "most essential features", I mean working with windows on EVERY program: minimize, maximize, restore, go back, go forward. It's is my opinion: The rest of the functionalities can be better accomplished with traditional keyword shortcuts.

So, I have to ask: Does your program brings something new?

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 12:13 AM »
I have tested several mouse gesture programs but, unfortunately, none of them abridge the most essential features and stability.

Examples:

- Amazing Brass: Developed in assembler, A great idea but it doesn't support Logitech drivers. Many stability issues as well (at least on my system).

- MaZZick

- StrokeIt

Regarding "most essential features", I mean working with windows on EVERY program: minimize, maximize, restore, go back, go forward. It's is my opinion: The rest of the functionalities can be better accomplished with traditional keyword shortcuts.

So, I have to ask: Does your program brings something new?

Nice post, Diegoz.

I only use the Firefox extension "All-In-One Gestures" currently. I did use StrokeIt for several months but after a Windows reinstall I didn’t reinstall it. No particular reason; I just wasn’t using it as often as I had thought I would. Also, I also prefer keyboard shortcuts now.

Thanks!

Jim

songless

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 07:46 AM »
StrokeIt is absolutely amazing in XP and under ( it hasn't been updated years ago  :( ). Over only 900Kb of private memory usage, fast, stable, drag & drop enabled, intuitive, near perfect recognition of gestures, ...

I use gestures for example to move between the apps I use most, like my file manager or browser. It's impossible to change so fast using taskbar or alt+tab.
I have gestures for showing PowerPro menus with documents, apps, scripts... Another to close a window, to invoke FARR's window, to move between virtual desktops, to show my latest clipboard items, ...