ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: kill specified programs "harshly/silently" at shutdown

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
Fantastic  :-* :-* :-* :-*
I'll test and report.
The only thing i'd love to request extra is to be able to set a delay before it starts killing the processes.  So i can set it to wait for 5 seconds or so before doing the terminations.. just to give these programs a chance to gracefully shut themselves down.

jgpaiva:
Fantastic  :-* :-* :-* :-*
I'll test and report.
The only thing i'd love to request extra is to be able to set a delay before it starts killing the processes.  So i can set it to wait for 5 seconds or so before doing the terminations.. just to give these programs a chance to gracefully shut themselves down.
-mouser (January 02, 2008, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's quite simple. Right now it pops a message box before it starts the killing. as long as you don't press "ok", it won't kill anything :)

mouser:
id rather swap the message box for a timer without a message box.
oh and just to make sure -- this program should not trigger the killing if it's just me manually exiting it.  it should only trigger at system shutdown.

jgpaiva:
id rather swap the message box for a timer without a message box.
-mouser (January 02, 2008, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, shouldn't be hard to add.

oh and just to make sure -- this program should not trigger the killing if it's just me manually exiting it.  it should only trigger at system shutdown.
-mouser (January 02, 2008, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yep, it already works like that :)

jgpaiva:
Ok, shouldn't be hard to add.
-jgpaiva (January 02, 2008, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---
Done :)
And i added an about box ;)

KillProcesses v1.1 modified 02-01-08:
kill a list of processes when the computer shuts down
--- End quote ---