ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: kill specified programs "harshly/silently" at shutdown

<< < (2/8) > >>

f0dder:
Humm, should be easy to code - trap the shutdown signal, then TerminateProcess on the processes in the list. Too bad if any of them have open (for write) files, though...

doublewitt:
In another post, here, I talked about KillProcess. This application (free) can kill viciously at shutdown. You simply enable the computer shutdown from within the application. You can also setup any number of "kill lists" for quick & mean execution! - just like the name says. This is a very good APP, give it a try... you'll see...

"KillProcess can "Kill" the Windows Operating System, in an more powerful manner than that of standard Windows. KillProcess will force all applications to terminate, and if an application doesn't respond, it will be terminated instantly."

mouser:
yeah but i do not want to have to use the programs shutdown command, i want this to trigger whenever the system restarts or shutdsdown no matter how.

Too bad if any of them have open (for write) files, though...
--- End quote ---
you would only use this on programs that are known to be safe to do this for.
(if you wanted you could let it wait a few seconds for it to shutdown nicely and only then send harsh terminate signal).

f0dder:
(if you wanted you could let it wait a few seconds for it to shutdown nicely and only then send harsh terminate signal).
-mouser (December 30, 2007, 04:53 PM)
--- End quote ---
Windows already does this and you can tweak the delay, but obviously you don't want to set it too low, or you could end up with bad stuff happening. And I guess the apps you're annoyed with will always require a full timeout.

jgpaiva:
Well.. Since no one found the solution for this, here it is:
As of version 1.0, it just kills all the programs on the list, without trying to close them before.
Run once to create the sample ini, then modify it and run again.

KillProcesses v1.0 created 02-01-08:
kill a list of processes when the computer shuts down
--- End quote ---
[Forum Topic] [.ahk Version] [.exe version]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version