topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 12:26 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Liquid Studio  (Read 4300 times)

Bryan Flick

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Liquid Studio
« on: December 29, 2007, 04:19 PM »
I have spent the last few years developing Liquid Studio, a BASIC-like programming language with lots of features.

From the website:

Liquid Studio is a powerful development suite that creates programs for the Liquid Virtual Machine (LVM). Programs are written in Echoes, a modern object-oriented BASIC-like programming language.

Liquid Player implements the LVM, a virtual machine that sits on top of Windows. Programs that run in the LVM have access to many advanced features, such as consoles, 2D/3D graphics, audio, SQL databases, XML, Internet access, and much more!

Programs written with Liquid Studio compile into a compact bytecode, called a Liquid Executable. Liquid Executables, along with the Liquid Player application to run them, can be distributed royalty free.

Check it out at http://www.globalheavyindustries.com

Thanks,
Flick

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Liquid Studio
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Bryan,

This is a fantastic looking program. You have obviously put a lot of thought into designing the language and implementing it along with the IDE - and succeeded admirably. Liquid Studio is now on my to buy list - just as soon as I pay off some of my Christmas shopping bills. :)

tide

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Liquid Studio
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 04:32 PM »
Here's an update. I've had a chance to become more acquainted with Liquid Studio over the past couple of days and I have to say that the more I use it the more impressed I become with it. So much so that I even bought a license despite not having paid off my Christmas bills yet!

LS is brim full of features. It's reminiscent of C++ with its object oriented structure but is far far easier to use. You might call it object BASIC. You can mix and match graphics and console programming. Graphics include a full array of 2D and 3D functionality including textures and lighting. And don't let the fact that it's a byte code interpreter dissuade you from trying it out. It's one of the fastest I've seen particularly with regard to graphics.

I've barely scratched the surface with all the built-in features and I'll be busy exploring them for a while. It comes with a vast array of informative and entertaining sample programs that show off many of its features. If you want to mix programming and fun then I can heartily recommend Liquid Studio. :)