topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:51 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Teen gets PS3 for x-mas, but guess what's inside the box  (Read 3834 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Teen gets PS3 for x-mas, but guess what's inside the box
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:15 PM »
Thousand Oaks  --  Imagine tearing into a holiday present to find a PlayStation 3 box... with a phone book sealed inside! That's what happened to 13-year-old Brandon Burns Christmas morning. He says he laughed about it when it happened. His parents... not so much, since they spent $500 for the PS3. They say they plan on taking the phone book, the box, and their receipt back to the Thousand Oaks mall store where they bought it. Good luck, guys!

Untitled.jpg

Source

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Teen gets PS3 for x-mas, but guess what's inside the box
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Why would a PS3 box be sealed? I suppose I could be wrong in interpreting that as meaning shrink-wrapped. PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 boxes are not shrink-wrapped.

If they meant that tiny little circular sticker that holds the flap closed, then it's not hard to pull it up, replace the contents, and stick it back down.

Also, someone else did this earlier this year with an Xbox 360. Except it wasn't a phone book, it was some kind of medical book.

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Also, someone else did this earlier this year with an Xbox 360. Except it wasn't a phone book, it was some kind of medical book.
Doesn't matter much what kind of book it is, as long as the weight is about right. Bastards :/
- carpe noctem

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 06:30 PM »
Excuse me, but I find amusing a thing like this could be reported in the news o_O