ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

multi-edit 2006: the excellent editor you have never heard of

<< < (2/4) > >>

nontroppo:
Ah yes, that is a cool GUI wrapper for snippet+project find+replace...

f0dder:
Ah yes, that is a cool GUI wrapper for snippet+project find+replace...
-nontroppo (January 01, 2008, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
And that is all it is :)

Though to be smart, you could keep a database of "which files were this snippet used in" so it wouldn't be necessary to do FindInFiles, and you would be able to update files all over the harddrive if you wanted, not just doing it per-project... although I'm not sure how desirable that would be :)

Veign:
One thing that drives me crazy with application/software websites is a lack of screenshots.  The website is difficult and confusing to navigate.  I couldn't find any screenshots.  If there aren't any, or they are hidden, why?  I always a question an application that doesn't provide screenshots.

f0dder:
One thing that drives me crazy with application/software websites is a lack of screenshots.  The website is difficult and confusing to navigate.  I couldn't find any screenshots.  If there aren't any, or they are hidden, why?  I always a question an application that doesn't provide screenshots.
-Veign (January 01, 2008, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah, I feel the same nowadays... in a way I feel a bit ashamed about this, feel that it's a vanity thing... but the end result is that I'm not very likely to download & test something that doesn't have screenshots, even if it has a nice feature list.

Heck, I might not even check the feature list if there aren't any screenshots!

Veign:
I am in total agreement.  I won't download without some screenshots.  The reason for me is two fold: 1) Screenshots start to set trust in the application for me and 2) I am drawn to certain interfaces and looks and if I don't like the interface there is no reason wasting time downloading/installing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version