Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 02:43:22 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: New C# FARR Plugin: FARRGoogleSuggest  (Read 32437 times)
jpgrosen
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 29, 2007, 02:22:58 AM »

Hi,

I have made a Google Suggest plugin. It query's Google just like the Google Toolbar and returns suggestions and checks your spelling.

Type gs and your query.
Example:

Sincerely

Jens Peter Grosen

* FARRGoogleSuggest.zip (64.61 KB - downloaded 1504 times.)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 06:26:00 PM by jpgrosen » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 02:38:46 AM »

WOW!!!

with a fast internet connection this is absolutely outstanding  Kiss Kiss Kiss

incredible -- it feels a bit like magic to me.. damn that's cool.
vitalyb
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 07:53:12 AM »

Works great! Nice work!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 02:25:09 PM »

jpgrosen,
i think you are using vitalyb's C# sdk..

others were having trouble getting that to work on some windows machines, including myself -- i think it may have to do with beign built with the latest .net runtimes required, instead of a more conservative build?

ive gotten 2 reports that the farr google suggest plugin isnt loading, and this is what happened for me with vitaly until he uploaded a new build.

vitaly can you share with jpg how to build this for better compatibility?
Armando
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 02:59:39 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up (but... i'm having the problem mouser mentions...)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 03:08:04 PM by Armando » Logged

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
jpgrosen
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2007, 03:15:20 PM »

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up (but... i'm having the problem mouser mentions...)

What is happening. Is there an exception or just nothing? Can you see the plugin in the "Configure Plugins dialog"?
I am using Vitalyb's SDK but it should target .NET 2.0. Are you using the FARRAltTab plugin? (Which was build with the first release of the SDK)

Sincererly

Jens Peter Grosen
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 03:20:54 PM »

sorry i probably should not have been the one posting this bug report, since it works like a charm for me smiley

maybe the problem people didnt even have .net2 installed.
i'll let them post about their problem -- i think it just wasn't showing in the plugin list.
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2007, 03:26:09 PM »

i'll let them post about their problem -- i think it just wasn't showing in the plugin list.

Correct, I don't see it in my plugin list.  I've added the files to a "FARRGoogleSuggest" subfolder of my plugins folder.  Restarting FARR doesn't get it to recognise and neither did the manual scan from the FARR options dialog.  Please let me know if I can provide further information.  Thanks.

PhilKC
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »

The lib is indeed using 2.0, and I presume Vitalyb's to be doing the same.

Sadly, user side support for .NET is patchy at best, mainly due to Microsoft not pushing it upon people. Most people will have 1/1.1, some will have 2.0 and only devs will likely have 3.x.

Looking at the refactored code it would appear that the library would need a total rewrite to bring it down to 1/1.1 standard, no fun at all: I would instead suggest that the .NET wrapper should use the Visual Studio deploy magic to install .NET 2 if it is not found.

.NET 2.0 framework: http://www.microsoft.com/...5E04F5&displaylang=en

(Be sure to check Windows Update for patches etc)

PhilKC

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented and unexplainable feature.
Stick it on your site:
skwire
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 03:40:15 PM »

For the record, I have the following .NET frameworks installed:

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0

jpgrosen
Honorary Member

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 03:42:40 PM »

Correct, I don't see it in my plugin list.  I've added the files to a "FARRGoogleSuggest" subfolder of my plugins folder.

You have placed it correctly.
Can you use any of the other .NET plugins FARRAltTab, FARRTunes, FARREnviormentVariables?

/JP
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2007, 03:55:09 PM »

What is happening. Is there an exception or just nothing? Can you see the plugin in the "Configure Plugins dialog"?
I am using Vitalyb's SDK but it should target .NET 2.0. Are you using the FARRAltTab plugin? (Which was build with the first release of the SDK)

Sincererly

Jens Peter Grosen

Hi Jens,

Yes, FARRAltTab works. I have .Net v2.0.50727 installed.

What I did is create a "FARRGoogleSuggest"  directory in C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins
and then I extracted your archive in there. Farr didn't seem to detect the plugin. I restarted it. Still nothing...

"I suppose it can be said that I'm an absent-minded driver. It's true that I've driven through a number of red lights on occasion, but on the other hand, I've stopped at a lot of green ones but never gotten credit for it."
Glenn Gould
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2007, 04:45:53 PM »

Can you use any of the other .NET plugins FARRAltTab, FARRTunes, FARREnviormentVariables?

Yes, FARRAltTab works.  Would you like me to try the others?

vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 05:22:46 PM »

Hey jpgrosen. What did you compile it with? I had a problem with mouser with FARRTunes when I compiled it under VS2008, still not sure why.

Recompiling it under VS2005 solved it.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2007, 05:28:14 PM »

now that you guys (both google suggest c# and javascript fscript) have mastered web page grabbing, how much longer till we get 2 holy grail plugins:
1) rss fetcher w search ability
2) generic web page regex parser (let user configure web page to grab and how to parse it into items with regex)

in both cases one extra complication is that it would be nice for a user to be able configure multiple sources which could be selected.

e.g.:
frss dc keywords..
where the first thing after the rss is the label telling the rss plugin which configured rss to grab from.
(just typing rss might list the known rss feeds).

how nice would that be smiley

in the second case, it would be similar, so that you could configure it to grab a page and display result(s) either as a list or in richedit mode.
this could be used to grab almost anything from a web page (weather, news, etc).
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »

unfortunately neither this nor FARRAltTab works for me with NET 1,2, & 3
(just added both to correct folders in plugins folder and restarted FARR after each)

other plugins work
these two dont show when I type "aplugins" - I'm not that familiar with FARR plugins in general but dont think I'm doing anything wrong..

Tom
jpgrosen
Honorary Member

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 06:29:15 PM »

Hi,

I have recompiled the plugin with the latest SDK and VS 2005. Please see if it makes a difference.
I have updated the first post in this thread with the new plugin.

/JP
Armando
Charter Member

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 07:23:21 PM »

It works!  smiley
So that was it!  thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Glenn Gould
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 07:32:36 PM »

it's a bit scary though isnt it, that we don't know why but vs2008 is building incompatible dlls.
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2007, 02:39:42 AM »

it's a bit scary though isnt it, that we don't know why but vs2008 is building incompatible dlls.

Yes it is. And it is even scarier than for some people it doesn't work with VS2005 too.
tomos
Charter Member

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 06:14:05 AM »

I have recompiled the plugin with the latest SDK and VS 2005. Please see if it makes a difference.
I have updated the first post in this thread with the new plugin.

I'm afraid still no work here
I have it in correct folder and cant see anything else I can do...

unfortunately neither this nor FARRAltTab works for me with NET 1,2, & 3
(just added both to correct folders in plugins folder and restarted FARR after each)

other plugins work
these two dont show when I type "aplugins" - I'm not that familiar with FARR plugins in general but dont think I'm doing anything wrong..

KlipKeeper, FarrFox, PrinterList, and FarrUninstall are the only plugins I've used so far, but they all work

Tom
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 06:34:26 AM »

Tomas I'll talk to you privately then. We'll try a few things.

I'm afraid it could be a problem.
Can you PM me your email?
PhilKC
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 06:43:08 AM »

Hey jpgrosen. What did you compile it with? I had a problem with mouser with FARRTunes when I compiled it under VS2008, still not sure why.

Perhaps because VS2008 defaults to using .NET 3.5 (3 != 3.5) (See Project -> Properties -> Target Framework)?

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented and unexplainable feature.
Stick it on your site:
vitalyb
Supporting Member

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 07:01:21 AM »

Nope. I compiled it specifically targeted at .NET 2.

I *think* it is something to do with C++ DLLs.
tomhogers
Participant

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 09:30:38 PM »

I had a similar problem but the recompiled version of plugin is now working. Thmbsup

However, the plugin only shows up in the  Options --> Find and Run Robot Plugins ---> Click to Examine and Configure Plugins ---> Plugin Manager view. It doesn't show up in the DC Updater window.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.045s | Server load: 0.16 ]