topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: AccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software  (Read 18971 times)

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
AccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software
« on: December 28, 2007, 10:03 PM »
AccuTicket is a free ticketing application for concerts and/or events. The interface is easy to use, enabling quick creation and validation of tickets. Tickets can either be invalidated or deleted, once entered. If a ticket is invalidated, it will be marked as invalid, and that it has already been validated. If it is deleted, it can not be recovered for future use.

This program will be updated to include interface changes, updates, and the ability to sell tickets, as in a point of sale system.

SCREENSHOTS
sc1.pngAccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software
sc2.pngAccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software
sc3.pngAccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software

**This program was developed in Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition and the .NET Framework 3.5 is required to use AccuTicket. It can be downloaded from Microsoft at the below address:
http://www.microsoft...6&displaylang=en

**This first version of AccuTicket focuses on the code and general functionality, less on the interface. This will be improved in the next release, along with bug fixes or feature enhancements.

**The installer places files in the C:\AccuTicket folder. The program stores tickets in the C:\AccuTicket\Tickets folder. The tickets must remain in the C:\AccuTicket\Tickets folder.

dhuser
My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: AccuTicket v1.0 - Free Ticketing Software
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:15 PM »
cool stuff  :up:

(ps i have a real pet peeve against apps that install onto the root drive like C:\APPNAME)
why not try using a good free installer like Inno Setup.

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I do use Inno Setup for the installer. It has to be installed to this directory, as the program itself is coded in a way that it requires that folder (for the tickets). I do not know how to set it up so it would be able to run from any folder. It is just a result of me not being an very experienced programmer.

dhuser
My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 05:03 AM »
If you can issue API calls from your programming environment, you can use GetModuleFileName(0, buffer, lengthof(buffer)) to get the full pathname of your EXE file. Then you strip out the filename component, and you have the path-we're-running-from. Alternatively if you're coding in C/C++, you can use argv[0] instead of the API call.

Then, when you need to access a file, you have to concatenate the running-from path with the filename, instead of hardcoding absolute paths.

Also, if you want to play cleanly with non-administrative user accounts (required to work properly under Vista!), you should use the %APPDATA% environment variable instead of running-from path.
- carpe noctem

rht341

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Hello,

This is from memory, but in .NET there is a GetExecutingAssembly() function that will return the full path of the excecutable that is running.  This could be used to set/get data files.

Hope this helps.

Rich