Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 17, 2014, 10:41:11 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Tim - Image to Text Converter  (Read 36155 times)
TPReal
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 28, 2007, 01:58:56 PM »

Tim - Image to Text Converter

The program converts an image (jpg or bmp) to a text, which looks like the image in grayscale. You can choose any monospaced font and any font size you want to format the text with, and also any set of allowed characters. The result can be saved as text and then you can format it correctly in a text editor, or you can save the image of the text already correctly formatted.

The program was written in C++Builder 2006 and might need some dll's and bpl's to run. They might be available for download here: http://etonne.110mb.com/files/libs.zip
Put them in the program directory, or in your system directory.

Download the program:
* Tim.rar (77.96 KB - downloaded 14011 times.)

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 02:04:47 PM »

wow, looks really beautiful that text  thumbs up

Tom
CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »

Nice!  Would you mind explaining the algorithm used to determine the density of the characters?  That is if it is not proprietary. embarassed
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:55:12 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
TPReal
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:45:42 AM »

I'm glad you like it smiley

CodeTRUCKER
Supporting Member

Bush Flying... where I'd rather be.

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:51:41 AM »

Thank you for the explanation.  I learned something! Thmbsup
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 06:56:15 PM by CodeTRUCKER » Logged

I applaud those that refuse to commit "intellectual suicide."

Truth, unlike opinion, tradition, etc. will always be able to stand on its own.  Truth is not a static, but a living entity and will perpetually impart life; therefore, any "truth" that does not or can not impart life can not be Truth.

I am persuaded the only reason bad men have succeeded is not because good men have done nothing, but that good men did not do enough.

An Open Letter to My Friends

Notice: - Unless stated otherwise, I receive no compensation for anything I post here.
varunkumar
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 07:48:07 AM »

Good utility, also free.  cheesy
PantherDave
Participant

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 10:17:26 PM »

Well it looks cool, but I can't get it to work.  I've tried many photos and settings but I always get what looks like random text.  Do you know what I might be doing wrong?
TPReal
Honorary Member

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 10:56:57 AM »

Hmm, try to change color mapping so that the line is more steep, it improves contrast. Look at the histograms to decide where the line should lie. You could also play with the color sliders but even I do not understand fully how they affect the resulting image smiley
If you still think something does not work like it should, you can send me this image, or post it here, and I'll try to do something with it.
TPR.

somps
Participant

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 08:49:37 AM »

I try to run it in Vista and I get an error that says it can't find vcl100.bpl.
 tongue
TPReal
Honorary Member

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »

Hello. Did you download the libraries I give link to in the first post? Put them in the program's directory or in windows\system or however it is called on vista.

jeremejazz
Supporting Member

hey!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 05:47:49 AM »

It's nice.. haha... I like this program.. So it's written in C Language? did u make this?...

smiley I love coding
anniearsenal
Participant

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »

it isnt working :|
jeremejazz
Supporting Member

hey!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 04:42:15 AM »

;Doh .. it seems that you just made some error aniearsenal..
Is the program not running?.. you need to extract the library files to where youput the application

smiley I love coding
assk7
Participant

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »

Hi,

I am looking for the reverse one - from text to image converter.
When I look the email source that has image - it shows as in text format in source view.
I can edit that text and want to convert that edited text to image format - just want to edit the original image .
Is there any program exists ?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.069s | Server load: 0.18 ]