ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Replace Windows Explorer [SOLUTION]

<< < (5/10) > >>

Darwin:
It was ME!-Darwin (December 29, 2007, 11:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

WTF, thought for a minute you were doing something to my machine ;D :P
-tomos (December 29, 2007, 11:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

All of your processes are belong to me! ME! (Maniacal laughter ensues, cue music, roll credits).

tomos:
 ;D ;D ;D

if you have "launch folders in a separate process" enabled (as you should), you have a separate explorer.exe for, well, folders.-f0dder (December 29, 2007, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

might disable that - I never use explorer anyways...

Curt:
Curt what's Pathfinder? -tomos (December 29, 2007, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I merely translated the Danish name (Stifinder), in fact I have no idea of the English term, but it is MS's name for Explorer when you are using it to navigate.

f0dder:
;D ;D ;D

if you have "launch folders in a separate process" enabled (as you should), you have a separate explorer.exe for, well, folders.-f0dder (December 29, 2007, 11:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

might disable that - I never use explorer anyways...
-tomos (December 29, 2007, 11:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

The split process model is smart, since it ensures your shell wont crash if an explorer.exe browsing your filesystem crashes (usually because of a third-party plugin).

Darwin:
Is it the search feature, Curt? Or is it Windows Explorer? As noted above, if I run Windows Explorer with the QTTab plugins I get a second explorer.exe process running as well... If, as f0dder notes, I have "launch folders in a separate process" enabled the second instance of explorer.exe doesn't close with Windows Explorer. What With "launch folders in a separate process" disabled, the second instance does close...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version