ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

2007: My 'Best of' list

<< < (4/4)

f0dder:
I've never watched entirely through grave of the fireflies (pelbox: iirc our version has japanese audio with english subs, the way it's meant to be), simply because it's too sad :/

suleika:
Best new film I saw in 2007:
Das Leben der Anderen (although I saw only 6 or so new films this year).

Best TV:
The Wire.  Actually the best thing I have ever watched on TV.  I'm in acting (as my profession), and I am in awe of the writing, directing and acting in this series.

Best book I read:
Half of a Yellow Sun.  A close second is McGee on Food and Cooking. 

Best websites I discovered this year (functional):
Leo German-English dictionary, lexicon and all-round massive resource.  A close second is Library Thing.

Best website I keep returning to
Donation Coder Forum

Best newly launched online app:
Skoach (scheduling and task management for ADHD-ers -  I use it rather unorthodox-ly for visualising how task-chunks can be arranged in my day)

Best online app I keep returning to since nothing else quite does what it does as well as it does it:
voet cranf 8 color synthAxis (colour-scheme creating tool - quickly create palettes based on relationships between colours, arrange them on the screen to compare them, generate new colours.  The only thing missing is a text-based export function.)

Best software I discovered (freeware):
IDimagerLite (digital image manager)

Best software I discovered (not freeware):
miTaggedMarks (bookmark manager with tagging facility)

iphigenie:
Best Film:
Days of Glory (aka Indigènes) - only saw it in 2007 even though it came out in 2006

Best Book I read:
"I can't wait to get to heaven", Fannie Flagg.

Best Book I reread:
"The warrior's apprentice" - Lois mcmaster bujold (an old favorite)
"The bean trees" - Barbara Kingsolver (another old favorite)

Best websites discovered this year:
Bookmooch (bookmooch.com) to feed my book addiction & Librarything (http://www.librarything.com/catalog/iphigenie) to document it and increase my wishlist
DC was 2006 so cant count

Best new software bought this year:
not bought much besides upgrades/renewals of stuff I already had.

Best new free tools found this year:
aimp2, teracopy,

Best old software in 2007:
my usual list,

Best "mainstream" game bought this year:
Lots of good ones this year but "team fortress 2" just has to take the cookie

Best "indie" game bought:
Depths of Peril, by Soldak

Best "indie" game not bought:
Dominions 3, by Illwinter - I would pay the $40 but the $25 shipping just put it beyond reason. That and how crap I am in the demo. Will probably buy it this summer when i go to the US just to support the developer.

Best new game not played:
The list is too long, I shall vanish for now in shame  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version