ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Two Programs I am Seeking

<< < (3/3)

nosh:
I used to run a standalone text replacement utility called Perfect Keyboard long back but Autohotkey took over. It makes sense for me to run one (lightweight) app for several things and autohotkey does so much more.

For a timer + stopwatch, I'm running PC Chrono. It has voice synthesis which can be quite useful at times.

lanux128:
J-Mac: glad to be of help.. 8)

yksyks: check out this thread for some AHK based solutions which will be easier to customise to your needs.

yksyks:
lanux128: Thanks, I did already. In fact I have to admit that I jumped the gun a bit when I wrote that PhraseExpress is an overkill for my needs. In the meantime I browsed the manual and it payed off, as I discovered a lot of power in PhraseExpress which I was not aware of. For example, can some of its competitors offer the user input in the middle of automatic phrase? Or selecting from menu of choices (like "Mr." or "Mrs.") and continue? This seems to me very powerful and useful. Also, importing autocorrect entries from MS Office is quite a nice feature.

lanux128:
yes, i am aware of the features even though i don't use it myself.. Phrase Express is quite popular here at DC. check out this thread for more discussions on Phrase Express.. :)

• Does anyone use PhraseExpress?

yksyks:
Thanks again, I've read this one, too. I'm going to stick with PhraseExpress for the time being. There's only one issue I've encountered so far: it collides with TapTap, sometimes invoking its function for double-click on Ctrl key. Anyone else?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version