ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Opera unofficial known issues list -more useful than the optimistic official one

(1/1)

urlwolf:
I got this from Opera forums Friguron's signature:

Opera unofficial known issues list (MUCH more useful than the optimistic and small one appearing on Opera Desktop Team Blog):
http://scratchpad.wikia.com/index.php?title=Opera_9.5_Beta_Other_Known_Issues

Great resource.

I realized that I post 2-3 times per week to the forums. Mainly reporting bugs.
When I was a FF user, this didn't happen. I don't even know if there's a forum for FF.
It could be that I'm testing betas with Opera and not with FF.

I'm very dissatisfied with how M2 works in the betas. I lost my indexing and don't even know how to get it back. It should be published somewhere that M2 use in the beta is considered harmful... but nobody says a word.

Opera is both one of my most loved and hated companies. They do things both horribly wrong and brilliantly right.

nontroppo:
I've also had indexing issues with M2, but that really is the price to be paid for being on the bleeding edge. Lots of changes have occured on the backend which has led to greater performance but migrating from snapshots is not part of that focus. That said, although I get old feed items in new feed access points and I have lots of undeletable ghost mails in my trash, I don't have any major problems.

Quite a number of those unofficial  bugs are not reproducible. Still a useful resource for beta testers.

As a sidenote, the weekly releases are *not* beta releases, they are snapshots (developer builds) - that means the QA on them is limited and they may well break things seriously; they do mention that. Backups of the mail store are thus always recommended so you can rollback if needed...

Lashiec:
Uh, I hope they fix those leaks soon. And that slow access for "Preferences", that's one of my pet peeves with Opera along with the "Server has closed the connection" errors in PHP-based pages (like this forum :P).

Yes, like nontroppo says there's a price to pay for being in the bleeding edge. Firefox nightlies are the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version