Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 27, 2014, 12:06:36 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: AVG PRO for free!  (Read 5063 times)
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 27, 2007, 06:47:31 AM »

CyberNet Technology News:

Posted: 26 Dec 2007 10:24 AM CST

AVG PRO Antivirus

For a limited time you can download and use AVG 7.5 Professional Antivirus for free. For those of you running the always-free version of AVG there are some advantages to making the upgrade, such as advanced scanning and scheduling options.

I haven’t installed this myself because I’ve already bought a subscription to the ESET Smart Security suite, but from what I’ve read the file that you download will automatically enter in a valid serial number during the installation process. There is no word as to how long the subscription is good for, but I’m guessing one year.

AVG 7.5 Professional retails for $29.95, and this offer is good until January 17, 2008. It can only be used for personal use.

Download AVG 7.5 Pro Antivirus for free:
CompuerActive, RapidShare or MegaUpload.

Copyright © 2007 CyberNet | CyberNet Forum
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 09:44:32 AM »

Wow Curt! You're on fire! Nice find  Thmbsup

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 10:29:02 AM »

Wow Curt! You're on fire!

- or for too long  I have not left my home to do something important?  undecided
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »

Sorry, Curt! Posted that in haste - I meant that "you're on a roll" meaning that you posted two great links to holiday savings  Thmbsup

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »

cheesy  I liked "on fire" better...  Cool

We often talk about RSS or similar (email) ways to know what is happening. These offers I have posted today are results of such technique.  thumbs up
icekin
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 08:58:21 AM »

Does anyone know how long it will stay free or is it just a one year subscription?
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 09:12:10 AM »

Does anyone know how long it will stay free or is it just a one year subscription?
good question
had a look at links above - the computer active one has some info but no details bout how long
certainly cant imagine that you'ld get more than a year...

Tom
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 09:34:58 AM »

it's more likely to be one year subscription, even the users of the free version will have to install a newer version once a year as part of AVG's upgrade process.

icekin
Supporting Member

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 02:24:20 AM »

In that case, I'll stick with AVG Free. It seems that a conclusion I came to some time ago is quite true : A decent Anti-Virus Program without strings attached is becoming harder to find.

Also, AntiVir Free and AVG Free have both started to show advertisements upon each database update.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.23 ]