topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: free to get EverNote Portable: 48 hours, 27-28 Dec  (Read 9276 times)

xbeta

• Friend of the Site
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • http://xbeta.info (blog of freeware)
    • View Profile
    • 善用佳软 the best freeware
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
free to get EverNote Portable: 48 hours, 27-28 Dec
« on: December 26, 2007, 07:15 PM »
Hello xbeta:
  We wanted to share with you that full version of EverNote was offered for free for one day on the site GiveAway Of The Day (www.giveawayoftheday.com) on Nov. 15. This was a big success for both EverNote and GAOTD (see press-release at http://www.evernote....ws/pr/2007-12-17.php). We have decided to repeat this offer with EverNote Portable which can run on the PC, as well as directly from USB drives, SD cards and other "removable media". EverNote Portable is normally available only as commercial product ($19.95, current Holiday Sale price $14.95). EverNote Portable will be offered for free from giveawayoftheday.com for two days in a row, Dec. 27 and 28. The announcement is below (it mentions only one giveaway date...). Maybe, Chinese sites and blogs you are affiliated with will be interested to promote this news to their audience and let people download our licensed software for free for a limited 2-day period and only from one site www.giveawayoftheday.com. (As you know, EverNote now supports IME input and the number of articles and downloads from Far East is quickly growing...)
  Best wishes for 2008!
  - The EverNote Team
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
EverNote Portable—Post-Holiday GiveAway of the Day
  To follow up on the record breaking success of its November 15th GiveAway of the Day promotion, EverNote Corporation today announced an opportunity for customers to get its EverNote Portable product free for one day only.
  EverNote Portable allows users to store all of their notes, snapshots, emails, and web clips on a PC, USB drive or an SD card, allowing them to keep everything with them wherever they go. In addition, EverNote Portable gives customers access to all of their notes without installing any software on the host computer.
  EverNote Portable offers mobile users most of the popular features and functionality of the desktop version of EverNote including the Universal Clipper, note search, with the added ability to access their notes from any computer—at any time.
  To be one of the first to take advantage of this great offer, visit: www.giveawayoftheday.com on December 27th.

▌ I use & promote <b>freeware</b>:
▌ vim/7-Zip/Firefox/IrfanView/Wink/Audacity/EverNote/AutoHotkey/GIMP/PDFCreator.........
▌ just at  <b>http://xbeta.info</b>

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: free to get EverNote Portable: 48 hours, 27-28 Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 07:20 PM »
thanks for the heads-up, xbeta! now, i'll just have to wait until it's Dec.27 :)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 04:58 AM »
time to go for it :)

http://www.giveawayo...m/evernote-portable/

[thanks xbeta !!]
Tom
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 05:00 AM by tomos »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 05:28 AM »
If you are interested in being able to use this in the future run the installer and watch very carefully for the folder name where the files are unpacked after it connects to the giveaway website to confirm the installation date. You will find the full installer is unpacked on your system prior to the proper installation - if you copy that folder before completing the installation you can install again later if needed.

Alternatively you can also simply make a backup of the portable application folder after installation (AFAICS it doesn't register anything and being portable the application runs directly from the folder when copied onto any portable device).

The installer sets up a shortcut on the portable device which is 'drive specific'. When you move it to a different system I notice the shortcut gets updated to reflect the drive name on the new machine - is this normal or something to do with evernote? What happens if the drive letter already exists on another machine - does the shortcut fail or does it still update to the portable drive name?

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27 AM »
Nice tip, Carol. I'm glad I read your post before installing  :Thmbsup: I also ran Ashampoo's Uninstaller and can confirm that while writes are made to the registry, none of them relate to activation or licensing. I copied the folder Carol mentioned and used a different machine to install Evernote Portable to a second thumbdrive. Worked flawlessly!

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 12:06 PM »
It may be worth noting that the full EverNote application is available for $20 during their holiday promo (versus $50). The portable version is missing some features, I believe the synchronization and the image/handwriting indexing.

Holiday promo page here: http://www.evernote....oads/holidaysale.php

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 07:43 PM »
for once, they're not complaining about the giveaway.. i'm going to get my copy too.. :Thmbsup:

ws-evernote.png