topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:43 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: White Smoke 70% off  (Read 55465 times)

Diegoz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Consultor SEO Google. Posicionamiento Buscadores
    • Donate to Member
Re: White Smoke 70% off
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 06:58 AM »
The software creates so many errors that I'd say it's overpriced even at 75% off.  :down:

The software it's overpriced even for free.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 02:31 AM »
Today I was offered to upgrade to version 2011. When following the link, I was made a new and even better offer: The entire package ("Executive") for $139, normal price $299. However, that is usually for a "year-model" version; this offer was for a lifetime key! (...), and now I have a lifetime license for the entire enchilada, for $100!!! I am so happy, never again will I have to pay for these microscopic improvements they add, in order to make you purchase an upgrade, (...)

Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)  (...)

Once again I was tricked. They meant it literally, "Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)" = version 2011 for life. No "2012", no upgrades.
 :down:

Bionic71

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32 AM »
I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?

Shady offerings/advertizing and their website only gives a clear indication what to expect.
Still, I find this softare pretty useful but I wouldn't go near payments for it.

Did you download latest & tested your key?.. Maybe you've just got some email offer, I recon this company likes emailing people.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I have two older Executive licenses

-just how old? The normal license is for a year, and since 2011 they have started to offer "lifetime" keys valid for six years.

FWIW: I have not had WhiteSmoke installed for several years. I just want to keep my installation file updated in case I decide to test the program again.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30 PM »
Once again I was tricked.
I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?
(...) Did you download latest & tested your key?

This is bizarre! You were absolutely right, Bionic. My key is working fine with 2012, even though it is from December 2010, and as such should be too old. So they were trying to double-trick me? My thoughts about these people, are not suitable for print.

yvon417

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 02:59 AM »
typical whitesmoke trick:

once after they upgrade the version they will stop your lifetime user ID for the current version and persuade you to buy new version with a 50% discount. they argue with you some more. >:(

happened to me twice.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2015, 08:22 AM »
I wonder if their email offer 11-11 is with or without humour:

WhiteSmoke is happy to celebrate the huge Chinese e-commerce celebration that is Singles Day! We're offering an insane 75% discount – upgrade to WhiteSmoke Writer Expert Lifetime for  $111! Our latest version includes the following features and much more:

New Integrated Plagiarism Checker!
New Video Portal full of instructional English videos to help you improve your confidence in your English writing and speech.
Expanded explanations about errors to help you learn from your mistakes.
  • Added hundreds of new errors which are now detected
What are you waiting for? This price is only valid until the end of the day! GET IT NOW!
-WhiteSmoke 11-11
:tellme:

JoKelly47

• Participant
  • Joined in 2015
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2015, 06:01 AM »
I had used White Smoke for proofreading computer science reports when I was a student... Glad to learn that there's a special offer now, I am planning to pick it up again.  ;D