Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 14, 2014, 11:04:31 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

View the new Member Awards and Badges page.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: White Smoke 70% off  (Read 20635 times)
Diegoz
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 06:58:54 AM »

The software creates so many errors that I'd say it's overpriced even at 75% off.  thumb down

The software it's overpriced even for free.
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »

Today I was offered to upgrade to version 2011. When following the link, I was made a new and even better offer: The entire package ("Executive") for $139, normal price $299. However, that is usually for a "year-model" version; this offer was for a lifetime key! (...), and now I have a lifetime license for the entire enchilada, for $100!!! I am so happy, never again will I have to pay for these microscopic improvements they add, in order to make you purchase an upgrade, (...)

Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)  (...)

Once again I was tricked. They meant it literally, "Executive Writing Version 2011 (Life Time!)" = version 2011 for life. No "2012", no upgrades.
 thumb down
Bionic71
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2012, 10:32:20 AM »

I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?

Shady offerings/advertizing and their website only gives a clear indication what to expect.
Still, I find this softare pretty useful but I wouldn't go near payments for it.

Did you download latest & tested your key?.. Maybe you've just got some email offer, I recon this company likes emailing people.
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »

I have two older Executive licenses

-just how old? The normal license is for a year, and since 2011 they have started to offer "lifetime" keys valid for six years.

FWIW: I have not had WhiteSmoke installed for several years. I just want to keep my installation file updated in case I decide to test the program again.
Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2012, 12:30:24 PM »

Once again I was tricked.
I have two older Executive licenses which I had for free and they worked just fine with 2012?
(...) Did you download latest & tested your key?

This is bizarre! You were absolutely right, Bionic. My key is working fine with 2012, even though it is from December 2010, and as such should be too old. So they were trying to double-trick me? My thoughts about these people, are not suitable for print.
yvon417
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »

typical whitesmoke trick:

once after they upgrade the version they will stop your lifetime user ID for the current version and persuade you to buy new version with a 50% discount. they argue with you some more. Angry

happened to me twice.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.17 ]