ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

White Smoke 70% off

<< < (9/12) > >>

40hz:
Regarding WhiteSmoke's methods, well, I assume the people behind WhiteSmoke are Russians... even if their address is in America... You may take it from there/here...
-Curt (December 20, 2010, 03:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

@Curt: Umm...ok...

We've got pretty much all Russian/Lithuanian on my father's side of the family, so I guess I know what you mean.  

Old Russian proverb: They'll hang a thief for stealing pennies; but appoint him to high office if he steals a fortune. :P

Curt:
Friday 02. September 2011:
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/whitesmoke-2011/

The program is available for $ 249.95, but it will be free for our visitors as a time-limited offer.

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. WhiteSmoke 2011 - The WhiteSmoke 2011 is an all-in-one, hybrid solution for English writing, providing a convenient and easy to use writing tool that works directly from any text-based application.-Giveawayoftheday
--- End quote ---

Curt:
WhiteSmoke and Babylon may very well be owned by the same people. At the same time they both offered lifetime licenses, and then kept quiet! I will be surprised if we ever hear from either of them again.

Diegoz:
I think they need to eat their own dog food.-tinjaw (February 23, 2009, 02:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.

Look, I consider my duty to warm you all about this company. Just as an example, here you have the kind words from a representative when I kindly requested information about the update prices (using their unsolicited pop-up chat):

* Me: No XXXX. The product price range is above my expectations (I got it very cheap).
* Me: Anyhow, thanks XXXX. I have to leave.
* Representative: My name is YYYY, and you purchased a 1 year license for $125.00 (Yes, I made a slight mistake with his name)
* Representative: Thanks for being a colossal waste of time
After that, he closed the chat session.

So, in his opinion, I'm a colossal waste of time!!!. Just for 5 minutes of his time. Incredible.

He only wanted to make the sale and thought that I should be stupid. BTW: The update offer "as a gesture of good will" was higher that the listed price.

In addition to this:

- They use to spam.
- I have serious doubts about feature improvements but have to update to use a software I paid for $125.

I have informed them about my intentions to prevent people from using their software.

That's my experience as a customer and my advice.

All the best

IainB:
"White Smoke" as in "Marketing Puff"?

Try this superb tool as a possible alternative.
You can have a free trial and they can be incredibly helpful if you want to extend the trial: Pathagoras

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version