topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Nero 6  (Read 5138 times)

Cuffy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nero 6
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:24 AM »
http://tinyurl.com/m8fvb

SurplusComputers is having a year end clearance sale and they have two different suites of Burning Rom on sale.
I have both suites don't really recall what either contains. Both contain the basics for burning CDs/DVDs and what is not on the disks can be downloaded from Nero.com in the Nero 6 section. You can upgrade ver. 6 to do anything that most of us would ever need for free.
I have used Nero from day one and this sale is one of the best deals I've ever run across. I bought mine for $2.99/$3.99 with free shipping. This sale is for $.99 and $.49.......... I didn't check on shipping cost?
I've purchased from SurplusComputers for years (they are 60 miles down the pike) but in the last year or so their customer sevice has disappeared. I wouldn't buy anything from them that might require an RMA because you might never get an RMA. YMMV.
Buy two......... they're small.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Nero 6
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:55 PM »
sounds good

limitations:
"Please Note: This product must be purchased with hardware."
(or do they just say that to cover themselves?)

basically no international (outside US) delivery (unless you want to buy over $1000 worth of stuff :))

PS shipping cost in US is 8.90, still a bargain :up:
Tom

Cuffy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 02:58 PM »
Both of those suites are OEM, hence must purchase with hardware. When I bought them the CD came in a cardboard jacket similar to the ones AOL used and no hardware was involved.
I recall the jackets because they had about 65 cents postage on their free shipping container. Previously the sale didn't include free shipping and the S&H cost was $6/$7???
They were making more money on S&H than on the CDs!
Clarification! I posted that there were free upgrades and I think the correct term is updates. There are several free downloads available for version 6. You can't upgrade to ver7 or ver8 for free.
There's a version 7 kicking around for about $5.00. Save your money as that is practically worthless. I installed it and almost immediately dumped it.
Version 8 is out but from what I've read that is a big disappointment too.
The deal is version 6 and then download all the updates once it's installed.

Cuffy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:31 PM »
If you're interested in Nero you might want to take a look at the latest posts in Acronis True Image thread.
Nero 7 may just be the deal of the season.   ;D

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:09 PM »
ah.. Nero, they used to be so good.. :-\