Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 05:54:40 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nero 6  (Read 2452 times)
Cuffy
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:24:07 AM »

http://tinyurl.com/m8fvb

SurplusComputers is having a year end clearance sale and they have two different suites of Burning Rom on sale.
I have both suites don't really recall what either contains. Both contain the basics for burning CDs/DVDs and what is not on the disks can be downloaded from Nero.com in the Nero 6 section. You can upgrade ver. 6 to do anything that most of us would ever need for free.
I have used Nero from day one and this sale is one of the best deals I've ever run across. I bought mine for $2.99/$3.99 with free shipping. This sale is for $.99 and $.49.......... I didn't check on shipping cost?
I've purchased from SurplusComputers for years (they are 60 miles down the pike) but in the last year or so their customer sevice has disappeared. I wouldn't buy anything from them that might require an RMA because you might never get an RMA. YMMV.
Buy two......... they're small.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 01:55:26 PM »

sounds good

limitations:
"Please Note: This product must be purchased with hardware."
(or do they just say that to cover themselves?)

basically no international (outside US) delivery (unless you want to buy over $1000 worth of stuff smiley)

PS shipping cost in US is 8.90, still a bargain thumbs up

Tom
Cuffy
Participant

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 02:58:15 PM »

Both of those suites are OEM, hence must purchase with hardware. When I bought them the CD came in a cardboard jacket similar to the ones AOL used and no hardware was involved.
I recall the jackets because they had about 65 cents postage on their free shipping container. Previously the sale didn't include free shipping and the S&H cost was $6/$7???
They were making more money on S&H than on the CDs!
Clarification! I posted that there were free upgrades and I think the correct term is updates. There are several free downloads available for version 6. You can't upgrade to ver7 or ver8 for free.
There's a version 7 kicking around for about $5.00. Save your money as that is practically worthless. I installed it and almost immediately dumped it.
Version 8 is out but from what I've read that is a big disappointment too.
The deal is version 6 and then download all the updates once it's installed.

Cuffy
Participant

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »

If you're interested in Nero you might want to take a look at the latest posts in Acronis True Image thread.
Nero 7 may just be the deal of the season.   Grin

lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 09:09:40 PM »

ah.. Nero, they used to be so good.. undecided

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.042s | Server load: 0.09 ]