ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > fSekrit

fSekrit 1.35 shrinkwrapped!

<< < (2/4) > >>

cemole:
I'm using version 1.35, however, I believe the problem might be because of files created with an earlier version. I get .exe appended to these files if I try to export them. On the other hand, files export as stated if they are also created with version 1.35.
Thank you.

f0dder:
I'm using version 1.35, however, I believe the problem might be because of files created with an earlier version. I get .exe appended to these files if I try to export them. On the other hand, files export as stated if they are also created with version 1.35.
Thank you.
-cemole (January 16, 2008, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, for previous versions, you get .exe appended if you do export, that's a known bug. But the only information stored when you export (or copy to clipboard) is your actual note data, so if you import (or paste) to v1.35, I can't see how that would affect 1.35 export...

Can you post a .exe here that exhibits this bug? (pick something insensitive with a silly password, of course, and please .zip the file before attaching).

cemole:
You hit the nail on the head, I think that's where I had my problems. I had files created with an earlier version of fsekrit, however, didn't re-create them or import (not directly at least) to the latest version. I should have been more aware that each file is independent and includes a copy of the fsekrit.exe with which it's been created (an earlier version in my case). Lesson: read user instructions more carefully.

Maybe I can suggest something like importing .exe files when appropriate passphrase is entered which may make life easier when updating files from earlier versions.

f0dder:
Maybe I can suggest something like importing .exe files when appropriate passphrase is entered which may make life easier when updating files from earlier versions.
-cemole (January 17, 2008, 04:11 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's a thing I have on my todo-list, I'm still pondering how to do it in a "user friendliness efficient" way :)

tomos:
hi f0dder or anyone
I found a use for this - or should that be the other way round :-\ do you have any recommendations for the password?
I presume it would be the usual recommendations
have a number or two, maybe a symbol or two, and maybe a break in it

again presume you use the same password for all/any notes on the one usb stick?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version