ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

internet information manager...

<< < (3/4) > >>

rjbull:
I many times have to redo the google searches, trying to put in the exact phrases which i had earlier googled to get to the results
-manimatters (December 23, 2007, 05:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not a Web information storage utility, but as an adjunct you might like Nir Sofer's freeware MyLastSearch:

MyLastSearch utility scans the cache and history files of your Web browser, and locate all search queries that you made with the most popular search engines (Google, Yahoo and MSN). The search queries that you made are displayed in a table with the following columns: Search Text, Search Engine, Search Time, Web Browser, and the search URL.
You can select one or more search queries and then copy them to the clipboard or save them into text/html/xml file.

--- End quote ---

a_lunatic:
Also check out Notetaking Software Roundup #1

manimatters:
thanks for the opinions guys. :Thmbsup:

But i think id stick with cogitum cociter for now, its faster (and smaller) than any of the programs mentioned above, and doesnt hog resources. Seeing these actually made me realise that all i want is a basic info manager :-[. i would recommend cociter to any of you guys who feel that the "big guys" are a little too much for them!

suleika:
Manimatters, that seems like a nice simple app - shame it doesn't work with Firefox. 

I use Scrapbook (a Firefox extension).  I've posted about it in a new thread.

ender:
i have been using for two years now a combination of textsaver http://www.programatrix.de/textsaver.html
(unfortunately, its only available in german, but i am sure, there must be some english equivalent somewhere)

and www.toread.cc to store a copy of everything that i found useful, in my gmail account. with that, i can easily run search in my gmail account, and find it later again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version